XJ lift Questions

• My friend just lifted his XJ with Rusty's 2" Kit which included new coil springs for the front and add a leafs for the rear. However he also order new heavy duty leaf springs because he noticed how every XJ sags in the rear. So lift is installed but the heavy duty leaf springs actually added 2" also. Then he was talked into adding 2" coil spacers up front to compensate for the rear being 2" higher. Now he has an intermittent vibration above 10mph. I told him it probably his angle on the driveshaft. So he has a few questions and since I'm not an XJ person I leave those up to you guys.

1) Should he get the transfer case drop kit instead of doing the SYE and CV driveshaft? (main reason is money)
    2) If does does get drop kit. Will that cause any issues later that wouldnt come up with the SYE install?
    3) Do you think he needs to get new front lower control arms since he is around 3.5"?

98 TJ 5.9L, RE 4.5 SF, 35s, 4XDoctor Rocker Guards, AA SYE, Tom Woods DS
    2012 JKU 3" lift 35s

• 1) Should he get the transfer case drop kit instead of doing the SYE and CV driveshaft? (main reason is money)
    Couldnt hurt ., try a 1" Motor mount lift. Hell you can make a drop kit yourself pretty cheap. if you get bad vibes, SYE

2) If does does get drop kit. Will that cause any issues later that wouldnt come up with the SYE install?
    Should not cause an issue,

3) Do you think he needs to get new front lower control arms since he is around 3.5"?
    See how it goes.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• i have the 3" lift and i was getting the same problem. the transfercase drop kit does take the vibration out but now i can't shift into 4low the shifter hits something. i have not had a chance to figure out what it hits. i can get as far as neutral. :down:

the kit did not come with shims but rusty does sell a 3 and 6 degree shim. i think they are close in price. i don't know for sure but i think that might have been a better choice.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• i have the 3" lift and i was getting the same problem. the transfercase drop kit does take the vibration out but now i can't shift into 4low the shifter hits something. i have not had a chance to figure out what it hits. i can get as far as neutral. :down:

the kit did not come with shims but rusty does sell a 3 and 6 degree shim. i think they are close in price. i don't know for sure but i think that might have been a better choice.

you need to drop the body side of the t-case linkage, when you do the t-case drop it will bind sometimes. There is also an adjustment in the linkage if that doesnt work.

• you need to drop the body side of the t-case linkage, when you do the t-case drop it will bind sometimes. There is also an adjustment in the linkage if that doesn't work.

yeah looked at it tonight and that is exactly the linkage came partly out of the tcase side of the mount as well
    it must have popped out when i lowered it to put the block in. when you do the driverside just check it before you bolt it back up and then adjust the linkage.

i recommend this it took all the vibs out Rusty's offroad has them for i think 20 bucks but all it is is a 1"x1" square bar alum the length is the width of your cross member and it has two bolt holes they are really easy to make if you have a drill and a hack saw.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!