Wheel and Camp Sept 27-28 report...w/pics

• As I sit here and type this, a few brave souls remain up at RC camping. I was not one of those soldiers and neither was Slopar. We both ended up coming home.

It was a great day of wheeling, but a sh*tty day to do it. You'll see in the pictures I'll post how bad the fog was and we had showers on and off. That didn't keep us from the "Trail Damage spirit!"

My drivers side spring kept popping out today, after my retainer clip broke off. My right side sway bar bracket holder also sheared off the point of it. I'll take some pictures of that tomorrow. I'm loading pictures and sorting through all 282 pictures I took today.

We met up with a gentleman named Doug with a YJ. His group bailed on him and didn't show up. He lives about a 45 minutes Jeep ride from the park and he knew it very well. While riding in the rear he helped direct us through the park after picking many trails. Randy led the day so I'll let him give the events that went on.

Overall it was a great ride. I haven't been out that I recall since last November when we wheeled with Ryan Madson.

• Motto for the day....

Crawler Ridge (no I didn't attempt it)yet again, my spring pops out....lol

A CRAZY man at the wheel

Tank trap

Tank trap did this...yet again....

B having some fun...

Setting up camp

Camp, set up before we went out

Doug's Jeep......met up with him at the entrance, his group no showed. He knew the park very well and lended assistance as we wheeled around...

Doug lifted the rock at Crawler Ridge!!

Flexed

MORE HERE -- http://s381.photobucket.com/albums/oo258/joshofc/ (for those of you who went, I have tons of shots of you individually, let me know if you want them.)
    My myspace has a few too...

• You saw the pics, so I don't have to say any more about the weather. As you would expect traction was marginal, but we all had a great ride. The group was Slopar and his cousin, joo and Carrie, B, Jeepaholic, Daddanelena, (me) Shoerbird, and Doug a Rausch creek original member. This was Jeepaholic's (Jason) first offroad so we ran this ride as a Green/Blue /Black group and it worked. Following a tune up on the Comp course and after my signature move of getting lost at the start we hit 1a which hit all the green/blue /black requirements. When we dumped out on the pole line we split the group. Jason and I took D while the rest ran the top leg of 2 meeting at Crawler ridge. Since we got a late start (setting up camp, weather.....) we stopped for lunch. We then headed to the South property where we split up and the blue man group took 22 while Jeepaholic, Joo and I headed for Lake Christy. We played around there and were joined by the others. We then headed to the Quarry where Doug finished off a left front "U" joint. He stayed with us on E until we hit B where he continued out to the emergency exit. The group split for the last time at the 3 level hill climb. Jeepaholic and I continued on B and met up with the others at comp course. We played around for a while and then ran a no name trail on the south side of the comp course. We all gathered at the camp site got a fire going cooked some burgers, dogs, and brats. Josh and Carrie, Steve and Craig headed home and the rest of us fools sat around in the rain and drank beer. Wayne bolted around 5:30 am and we left around 9:00. As Josh said, Great day of wheelin, but a sh*tty day to do it.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

Edited once, last by shorebird ().

• I had a great time fellas. The weather wasn't the best, but it was still one of the most fun days I've had on the trail in a long time. I think the rain making everything so slick just added to the wheel speed and all around tom foolery, which is fine by me! I'm glad we hung out after to eat some brats and drink a couple beers but it was REAL nice to be showered and sitting on my couch by 10:30PM. I brought the cooler of Buds in the house and Craig and I worked on them here.... :up:.

• Josh, where your is setting on top of cralwer ridge, is one of my favorite lines... though to the left in the picture tends to be a bit more fun. Hard to fit a TJ through on the right without the rock on the right getting stick in your wheel pretty badly... next time you go out, try to go up it...

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.<br />-Frederic Bastiat

• Nice pictures! Seems like even though the weather didn't cooperate the gang still did some good wheeling and had some good fun, and that's what it's all about.

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• Josh, where your is setting on top of cralwer ridge, is one of my favorite lines... though to the left in the picture tends to be a bit more fun. Hard to fit a TJ through on the right without the rock on the right getting stick in your wheel pretty badly... next time you go out, try to go up it...

If I had a trailer I would do it, but this thing is my DD. When I get another DD I'm all game for it.

• oh cmon. rolling dd's is where all the fun is.

If I had a trailer I would do it, but this thing is my DD. When I get another DD I'm all game for it.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!