Bulk Uploading To The Gallery

• Here's a really fast way if you have Windows XP (maybe Vista, haven't tried it) and a current member of DEJA...

Click on the attached file "install_registry" taking note of if you are using XP or Vista (maybe Windows 7, too?), and Run it. This will install upload settings into your Windows logon account. You're done!

Now, when you're looking through the pictures in your pictures folder (For me, G:/pictures), look for a grouping in the left menu "File and Folder Tasks". Click on it.

My Default, all of the pictures in the current folder will be selected for upload. If you want to upload only a few of them, click on the option "Clear all" in the menu and manually select the ones you want to upload. Once that is complete click on "Next >" to move on. Here you will be asked where you want to send the files. One option will mention "Delaware Jeep Association". Obviously, you should click on that one. :)

Next it will ask you to log in. Use your forum username and password. (keep in mind that if you have never used the DEJA Gallery as a member, you will have to activate it. Click on "Gallery" in the forum menubar (next to My Messages). If it takes you directly to the gallery, then you're already set up. Otherwise it will ask you for your password to set up the account.)

After it has you logged in, it will ask where to place the pictures. Pick your existing Gallery folder, or you can add a new folder to your account. Click Next when you're done. It'll ask you some of the normal settings regarding the file names and thumbnails, click Next...

Now, the last option before the pictures are uploaded asks you if you want to resize the photos or use the original sizes. I suggest that you let Windows resize them by picking the "Large (fits in a 1024 x 768 window)" option . That seems to be the best tradeoff of quality and upload speed. Click Next and it starts the upload process and will give you a link to your gallery with the new photos when you're done.

*** that info was for using the Windows XP style setup. Apparently the Vista thing is different and I don't have any computers with Vista to write a "how to". But, the gallery people say this... Hopefully you can figure it out.[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][size=11px]Open your [/color][color=rgb(107, 140, 183)]Windows Photo Gallery[/color][/size][/color][color=rgb(51, 51, 51)].

[li]Select one or more images / files in your Windows Photo Gallery.[/li]
      [li]Click "Print..." and select the online printing option (not the local printing option).[/li]
      [li]Select the Gallery 2 printing service.[/li]
      [li]Then follow the instructions to log into your Gallery, select an album and publish the image(s)[/li]

• Have you tried the java applet ?

(the quote and modify button are too close) :laughabove:

Yes. It told me to pound sand. I think my pics are all too big. I linked them to my gallery from picasa but they are too small. I got mad and quit so I figure maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

• (the quote and modify button are too close) :laughabove:

Yes. It told me to pound sand. I think my pics are all too big. I linked them to my gallery from picasa but they are too small. I got mad and quit so I figure maybe I'll try again tomorrow.

They need to be like 1.5MB or smaller or the gallery chokes.

• There is a new version of Gallery soon to be released.

Maybe we can upgrade to it along with the SMF upgrade.

I'll leave all that to Jerry. Last time I went experimental with the gallery I crashed his entire server. :o

• bump this back up... new versions of the Windows uploader tool. Still the best way to add photos to the DEJA Gallery.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• memory of an elephant, this guy...

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• good morning Glen, how did the pics from the trail ride from last weekend come out? I see that there were problems trying to load them here. if it's not too much to ask could you e mail some to me? I always seem to get a lot of pics of everybody elses rigs and none of my own.
    thanks, Bob

hookedonthebay@zoominternet.net

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!