Trany question

• Just got the jeep (90 YJ) out and running today. Has been in the garage for about a month (tub lining, some minor painting on grill and stripes on sides and racing stripes on the hood...need to get the pics out of the camera and post). I

have noticed that sometimes it shifts great and other times it doesn't want to go into gear smoothly :shrug: . Should the fluid be checked, maybe flushed?? Pretty (well very) new to the mechanical side of things. Bought it about 7 months ago and am not sure the last time the tran fluid was checked. Thanks! ::xmasball

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Has it been lifted at all? Body lift? That could need a linkage adjustment. Mine doesn't always like to stay in 2nd when downshifting.

Or does it happen more when it's cold?

Others will definitely know more, but I'd think changing the fluid would be a good place to start. You might want to post if it's automatic or manual, or what tranny it has, that might help some others answer your question.

• No lift. Manual 5 speed. Not sure what trany? Noticed it today but it was warmed up for a while and driven...shifted good, not so good, good....To me it feels like it may need fluid or need to be changed since when it doesn't shift real easy it seems to have some friction to it. The shif is not smooth but is not grinding either?

1990 YJ, 4" Rough Country Lift, 33x12.5 BFG MT, Some Custom Rattle Can Paint

• Hey man. A friend of mine told me to try something for my tranny and maybe some of the others on the site have tried it- Lucas transmission fix- it's to help with hard shifting.

99 TJ with 2&quot; Skyjacker spacers/shocks<br />33x12.50 MTR&#039;S

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!