Rims for an 06 Rubicon

• So the 06 Rubicon has 16" wheels and a Dana 44...
    Do they have disc all the way around?

Can you put 15" rims on it or do they not fit for some reason...

Tires are more expensive on 16" rims, so why go to them?

never understood how less rubber = higher $$.. kinda makes no sense...

• Rubi's are stanard with D44 and rear disc .

15's will clear just fine .

I run the Moabs b/c thats what came on mine . ;D

It not really less rubber for the 16's that make them pricey .
    It's that most tires for a 16 rim are a higher load rating .

• They went to 16's because of the taller (31"s) skinnier tire available for the 16inch rim. For clearance issues obviously.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• They went to 16's because of the taller (31"s) skinnier tire available for the 16inch rim. For clearance issues obviously.

You can get tall skinny tires for a 15 rim aswell .
    I'm sure the real reason for the 16's was a marketing ploy :shrug:

• You can get tall skinny tires for a 15 rim aswell .
    I'm sure the real reason for the 16's was a marketing ploy :shrug:

true. I think I read that in JP sometime.

*bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*<br /><br />&quot;Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. <br />One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.&quot;

• 16" Was so they can get a mud terrain to balance out perfectly for highway standards im sure

• Actually, they went with a 16" rim so they could get the biggest tire posible under the factory flares with no rubbing. A 31x10.5 r15 is too big and wide, but a 30.8x9.6 r16 (245/75 r16) slid right on.

• Actually, they went with a 16" rim so they could get the biggest tire posible under the factory flares with no rubbing. A 31x10.5 r15 is too big and wide, but a 30.8x9.6 r16 (245/75 r16) slid right on.

that was it.

You Quadratec guys are like the Michael Moores of the Jeeping world.

"...sued by Toyota for copyright infringement, they then switched to a modular top design allowing them..."

"...due to European Union standards for diesel engines..."

"...farmed the powdercoating out to a third party vendor which was located next to a concrete factory, thus inadvertantly creating that now famous Rubicon texture in the finish..."

"...as a result of that NTSB study of rollover crashes involving Jeeps..."

"...KY Jelly and it'll slide right on. Petroleum based lubricants will only destroy the O-ring..."

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!