Brake lines tearing from frame...

• At paragon this weekend, I tore my front brake lines off of the frame after making several hard turns. It looks like the tire is catching the hard line and pulling downward with it. I know Andrew was having the same problem, but im wondering if anyone has come up with any solutions to this. I was thinking maybe running them on the inside of the frame? Give me your thoughts.... :shrug:

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Replace with SS brake line. Use ziptie to hold the brake line loosely near the front shock.

Your break and Andrew's break are totoally differnent. Not much you can do for Andrew's break except be careful when being tow. ::xmasball

Later,

• I have stainless brake lines and they were held tightly to the frame. There is a piece of hard line that comes out of the frame at a right angle and points downward. The stainless line hooks to that. When i turn the tire hooks on it and pulls on it. Im affraid it is going to break. It has come out of the frame almost 4 inches more than it was supposed to. Also i wasnt refering to Andrews towing breakage. He was having similar problems with his tires grabbing his brake lines prior to this past weekends issue.

• Quote from "2000sahara"

I have stainless brake lines and they were held tightly to the frame. There is a piece of hard line that comes out of the frame at a right angle and points downward. The stainless line hooks to that. When i turn the tire hooks on it and pulls on it. Im affraid it is going to break. It has come out of the frame almost 4 inches more than it was supposed to.

Maybe adjust your steering stops ?

• Yeah I was working on that. Is there stop on both sides of the knuckle? I rub on the stabilizer bar too.
    Ed

• Quote from "2000sahara"

Yeah I was working on that. Is there stop on both sides of the knuckle? I rub on the stabilizer bar too.
    Ed

There's one on each knuckle. One for L one for R.

Just curious, what backspacing are your wheels ?

• 4inch backspacing with 12.50 tires...It seems like it only does it when the tires are flexed pretty hard and i make an attempt to turn. Thats why I was kinda thinking it might need something more than an adjustment.

• did it to mine. works flawlessly. Just unmount them, gently bend them to you desired mounting point under the frame, and use a self taping screw to mount bracket to the frame.

Plus you will gain another four or so inches of brakeline.

Chris

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!