About Trail Rides

• i'm relatively new to DeJA so i'm not sure how to sign up for trail runs or the gatherings. i live in north wilmington and do a lot of just field hoping around here. what exactly is involved in trail riding and where are they usually set gathering spots. :hmm:

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• Check Here for some info.

We usually meet at the Wawa on Foulk Road and then caravan up.

The parks (Paragon or Rausch Creek) have certain requirements, mainly tow points front and rear, battery must be secured and full size spare.

Fire ext. and first aid kit is nice to have, CB is really nice to have.

• Ok. Idiot question. Full size spare as in not a donut? I'm getting 31's put on soon. I'm guessing you mean having a fifth 31 as opposed to my stock 28?

• Quote from "Beeker326th"

Ok. Idiot question. Full size spare as in not a donut? I'm getting 31's put on soon. I'm guessing you mean having a fifth 31 as opposed to my stock 28?

Yeah, no donuts.

But you also wouldn't want to ride the 2 hours back to Wilm. with 3-31"s and 1-28". At least I wouldn't.

• Quote from "Beeker326th"

Yeah. point taken. :down: Guess that'll be one more thing to buy next month. Thanks for the input!

Ask around.

You might be able to find a free or really cheap 31" to use for a spare.

• I was on all day but logged off at 5:15, and just got back on. And this whole conversation has gone on without me. :doh:

We schedule trail rides to Paragon and Rausch Creek. Most of these rides are open to members and guests, with just a few special rides restricted to members only. I also work with BMJA to get us into their "Jamboree Pre-run" on the site of the Poconos Jamboree. We also have planned a stocker friendly ride to George Washington National Forest in the spring, although the date has not yet been formalized.

They will be posted on the calendar as well as being noted in a post in the Trail Rides and Gatherings forum. In the warmer weather, we usually have at least two rides scheduled per month. In the cooler months we generally settle back to one per month. Right now the only ride on the calendar is January 15/16 at Rausch Creek with on-site camping. I am always looking for others to propose trail ride dates, otherwise I make up the calendar as it fits into my own personal schedule.

We usually meet up to caravan to Paragon or Rasuch Creek. You can meet us up there if you prefer, it's up to you. Our current north DE meeting place is the Wawa at Foulk Rd. and Wilson Rd. With the opening of a SuperWawa on Philadelphia Pike soon, we may change to that location. Folks from the "slower lower" usually set up a meeting place down there to caravan up to the northern meet.

We usually have at least two leaders available on each ride, meaning we can do two separate groups at different skill/modification levels. Do not hesitate to come along, we will make sure you're not in over your head (although we may gently push you to do more than you thought possible!). I hope that we will have more "certified DeJA Trail guides" trained through the springtime. (That's "certified", not "certifiable", Steve!).

Please check out the sticky post at the top of the Trail Rides forum for information about vehicle requirements.

Finally, members who participate in a club sponsored trail ride (not fishing on the beach, Steve!) receive a magnetic Trail Ride badge which you can proudly display on your jeep!

Welcome to the club. :wavey:

BlueJ
    Trail Boss

• Quote from "Tith"

Are your rides also open to stock rigs? Im poor and slow at getting my jeeps modified :)

We usually have both stock and modified groups unless otherwise noted.

• Quote from "Tith"

Are your rides also open to stock rigs? Im poor and slow at getting my jeeps modified :)

You don't know what poor is until you start your mods. I told my wife when I turn 40 I was getting either a jeep or a girlfriend...I should have went with the girlfriend. :yevil:

• Quote from "Keith_C"

Ask around.

You might be able to find a free or really cheap 31" to use for a spare.

I will have some cheap 31 next month hat wil be great fro spares... let me know they may even be free..... have to get the wife to approve the free part

• That hurts, Andrew... and to think I speak highly of you... well, mostly.

Everyone has their standard responses to these posts when they come up. Mine is "RELAX". If we survived in a stock Liberty with 27.5" tires, you won't have a problem. Your head is your biggest limiting factor, not your Jeep. Watch and learn from the trail boss/guide, you'll be fine. Two weeks ago I took a stock '88 YJ out to Paragon, and it did things the KJ still can't do. Why? because I let it. We were worried about damaging the '04, but not so much about the '88, so I let it go more. You'll have a blast, your Jeep will too.

DrJ

• Right now im hoping to get a lift and some tires around tax time. It depends on whether or not i sell my 95' YJ. If i dont sell it ill just end up with the lift and get the tires as i go along :o)

im looking forward to going wheelin' with my jeep. Up to now ive done all my wheelin' on Uncle Sam's dime :o)

Oh one question...how much does it cost to go on the ride in January??

• Quote from "Tith"

Oh one question...how much does it cost to go on the ride in January??

The fee for Rausch Creek is $25 per day, $5 for a passenger. All participants, drivers and passengers, also need to become members ($10 for 1 year).

There is no additional charge for camping on the grounds. Comfort Inn is extra, but we have a special rate (PM me for details).

No cost for the skilled and experienced trail leaders! :spinrhead: Magnetic Trail Ride badges are provided only to paid-up members.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!