Cj n I First Surf Outing...

• I got my new surf rack installed on the Cj last week and my buddies and I all tried to hit the surf yesterday. After about an hour or so on the beach it started to rain and the radar wasn't looking go so we headed out. I hit heavy rain on the way home and it wasn't too much fun for my heater doesn't work yet so my windshield kept fogging up on me. Anyhow, thought I would post some pictures of my new rack on the Cj...

84 Cj 7 AMC 150, 4.5" BDS Lift, Twin Stick, BF Goodrich 35s...

98 Grand Limited (Wife's)
    ~Always interested in trades~

• hehehe nice one Keith.

How is the bucket attached? Interesting idea.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Remember, Big cooler for beer, small cooler for fish and bait, bucket in case of too much from big cooler.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• LOL, yeah I thought that would get your attention about the gas issue. However, I had this problem before I installed the rack. The rack comes off in about 10 secs anyway. We use the bucket for bait. If it's frozen, we put sea water into it and throw in the bait. If you have two, the other one would be for washing your hands. The big cooler is for drinks and the smaller one was for fish as we fillet them on the beach. :up:

oh, the bucket is attach with a small u clamp and a round cable. I will post a picture tonight Jerry...

• When you do catch a keeper, be sure to measure and photgraph before you filet, might be good to keep the whole fish incase the ranger checks out your catch.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

• Great beach tip, bring some kind of powder, Baby or talc work great, use to remove sand from your skin. We douse the twins with is and the sand falls right off. We never go beaching without it

• Thanks for the tip, I could have used that today. My gang went to Henalopen. Not many did to good today. I caught one sand shark. I know we can't keep them and yes I threw it back.

• Thanks for the tip, I could have used that today. My gang went to Henalopen. Not many did to good today. I caught one sand shark. I know we can't keep them and yes I threw it back.

I doubt you caught a sand shark. Did it have teeth?

More than likely it was actually a smooth or spiny dogfish often referred to as sand sharks. And you can keep them.

BTW, it is spelled Henlopen.

• It didn't have any teeth. It was about 14" long. I never saw one so I was just going by what about 7 strangers told me when I pulled it in. :shrug:

• Oh ok, well again this is what they told me. I'm just a noob surf dummy with a 4 Cly Cj that got stuck and everyone looking at me. :upset:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!