Slow Cranking TJ.....I changed the name...need some feedback!

• Swapped batteries w/ the optima in my car. Symptoms followed battery. Took it back again and this time it was testing out bad...

yup, same thing that happened to me: tested good then later tested bad. :shrug: it was bad all along. :upset:

mine tested fine as well, at an auto repair place near my office. after the slow crank got worse, i took it to the auto parts place where i bought it. when they tested it, they said it had a dead cell and replaced it on the spot. been fine ever since...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I am raising this thread from the dead.... I finally got around to putting in a different starter and that did it. So, to sum it up, the Autozone tester thing isn't always right. The starter tested fine, but was no good. It worked, but barely. The new starter cranks over very fast. Thanks to Ed for letting me borrow a starter.

• I had a battery that kept dying in my work van. Took it back twice and they replaced it no questions asked. After the second one, the guy at the parts counter said to have my alternator checked because as they go bad they put a drain on the battery also.

It checked out fine a year ago when I had that tested when the whole mess started so I just replaced it. Once replaced the van has been fine too. So I guess what I'm saying is there is 3 things that can test okay that could be bad. The battery, starter and alternator. Hard to really narrow them down but nice once you figure it out. :up:

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!