GWNF Trail Ride: April 29 - May 1, 2005

• Quote from "DrJ"

oh, and could somebody bring a scattergun, tazer, or mace... just in case the locals show up looking for food and women again? Did Julie ever make it home? How about her dog, anyone ever see either of them again?

And light-sticks, they had to have light-sticks. :rolleyes:

• Count us in......We are planning to camp this time but I booked a room as a backup plan.

This will be the first trail run for my recently resurrected YJ. Just need tires and maybe a little lift before the end of April. Depending on available funding and willing help.

Since buying it back in the Fall, The Beater as it as come to be know, has gotten a new header, radiator, starter, rock rails, electrical work and standard maintenance. Thank you to everyone in club who has help. I can't wait to get it off the pavement where it belongs. :up:

• well i wanted to add a little twist to this as of right now me and the wife and kids are planning on going up on wensday evening and staying in a hotel wensday night and then on tuhrsday mornign going out and settig up camp and staing til sunday afternoon so if anyone wants to head up a little early and camp with us fell more than welcome to join us.

• Well you know I will be heading up with you Tony. :peace:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• I'm thinking about seeing if I can make it. Need to actually break the XJ in and show it mud. Plus, hey, what better place to meet and greet. :spinrhead: When do you need to know by?

• The only critical issue is on the posts for the meeting places for the different groups going on different days. Once you post, a group will be expecting you and will be waiting. If there is any question that late, exchange cell phone numbers with someone else from that group so they can call you if you're not there, etc.

DrJ

• Quote from "GOTMUDD02"

Well you know I will be heading up with you Tony. :peace:

cool josh now hopefully we can get a few more people to shjow up to make a good party or we can keep it small for a great party :suspicious: ...... make sure that women of yours is coming and bringn the youngin

• Yah I am workin her over Tony. Well if nobody else comes down wends night with us I am sure we will still have a blast, oh and beer too :grin: :grin: :grin:

02 Tj hp Dana 30 4.88 ox locker, Dana 44 4.88 ox locker 3inch Teraflex coils and adjustable lower control arms 33 TSL Thornbirds and 4 chipmunks workin hard under the hood.
    Less brains MORE THROTTLE

• is anyone leaving friday morning from DE.. southern part i guess that we could meet up with..
    newark, wilmington, and such...

i am supposed to meet up with njjeepthing but we have not decided where yet.. maybe at the DE MD border at the truck stop???

• I am/we are leaving Friday 9am from Dover Wawa on Rt.13N across from Lowes. From there we take Rt.8 out to Rt.301 to Rt.50, across the Bay Bridge to the Beltway South to I-66 to I-81 (maybe Rt. 29 instead). I'm not sure that offers you much of a place to hook up with us. Last time we met a group at Holly's Restaurant on Rt.50 in Kent Narrows at 10:00 or so. You could pick up 301 in Wilmington, but that's out of your way (I think).

The trick is the Beltway. We hop on to the Beltway from Dover at about 3:00, or the far east side. I-95 is at 6:00 (you don't want that), and I-66 is at about 9:00, the far west side. From north, you'd want 495 West if it is labelled as such (not sure), to I-66, etc. Make sense? Some from here take the northern route up and over to get to I-66, they're about the same distance, but we prefer the less congested southern route. Either way, from here, you're going from 3:00 to 9:00 on the Beltway. You need to go from 12:00 to 9:00, so wouldn't you just hit I-95 to the Beltway?

DrJ

• I printed out directions and have them somewhere.. I think 95 would be the best route...

How do you guys that head up from the southern part of DE go??

carl

• Quote from "DrJ"

Good enough for me... as of now, the event is April 29 - May 1, 2005.

DrJ

any chance you could go back and add this date to the thread's subject line? 7 pages of posts and it's only mentioned once partway down a page. also, a linky to the calendar sign-up sheet would be sweet!
    chris :peace:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!