GWNF Trail Ride: April 29 - May 1, 2005

• For those of you new to DeJA, this is specifically meant for those people who haven't taken their Jeep on trails before. George Washington National Forest is near Harrisonburg, Virginia. Trails are easy enough to be safe, yet difficult enough to show you a little of what your Jeep can do. A bone-stock Jeep, ANY Jeep, will do fine on these trails. Kids are welcomed, spouses encouraged. There will be hotel camping groups and those camping at two large campsites in the forest. There are no park fees, just gas and food. come for a day, or all three. Here's the calendar link:

http://www.delawareja.com/modu…le=index&type=view&eid=59

Check this thread too: http://www.delawareja.com/modu…ums&file=viewtopic&t=1299

...and this one if you've got a couple of hours: http://www.delawareja.com/modu…rums&file=viewtopic&t=517

There are a couple of other good threads with photos in the "Trail Runs and Gatherings" forum.

DrJ

• I'd be in it if its the last week in April. First one in may may be hard for me because of some other family obligations.
    Let me know.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "DrJ"

Good enough for me... as of now, the event is April 29 - May 1, 2005.

Sounds great to me.

My only real gripe about last time was the lack of readily available dry fire wood. Maybe we should think about everybody bringing some along. Or perhaps a whole load in the back of a tow vehicle that could be shuttled back to the campsite.

Do we have enough space on the server for this ??? :spinrhead:

• i am all for this trip it will be good for the girl friend to go on for her first time.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• what do you mean ya need firewood.... this is what we had last time.

• I'd have to agree with Icky on that one. It did seem like most of our day was waiting around to get started. I think maybe a couple of smaller groups that got togethar for lunch or something might be nice. Maybe just have different starting times for same trails also. Like 8am 9am or 10 am?
    Just a thought

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Id be interested. Either weekend would be ok with me as long as i know which one a few weeks in advance so I can let work know I cant work that saturday if they schedule us to work.

• Let's see how many actually go before we get into the logistics of splitting up into groups. Not how many sign up, how many show up. I'm comfortable enough leading a group of 10+ Jeeps, if someone else speaks up and is willing to do the same, we'll pick two trails for Saturday, or stagger the departure times. Friday and Sunday were small groups anyway, so probably no need to divide up for those days. We'll see closer to the event what's necessary. Waiting around will not be an option, we will leave at the designated times agreed on before the rides.

DrJ

• Quote from "1TonTJ"

what do you mean ya need firewood.... this is what we had last time.

Either that or hopefully by then the trailer will be SOA w/ my leftover trxus... :suspicious:

--Ian

• Quote from "DrJ"

Let's see how many actually go before we get into the logistics of splitting up into groups. Not how many sign up, how many show up. I'm comfortable enough leading a group of 10+ Jeeps, if someone else speaks up and is willing to do the same, we'll pick two trails for Saturday, or stagger the departure times. Friday and Sunday were small groups anyway, so probably no need to divide up for those days. We'll see closer to the event what's necessary. Waiting around will not be an option, we will leave at the designated times agreed on before the rides.

DrJ

DrJ's bucking for the next "Assistant Trail Boss" designation! :up:

I may even try to get this ride onto my schedule...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!