Rubicon Express 2" Spacer System with Mono Tube Shocks/ JK 4 DOOR

• Has anyone done this mod to their jeeps. I'm about to put it on this weekend. Didn't know if anyone had any issues or comments.

• From what I've heard from friends who've done JK BB's, the longer control arms make everything a lot easier. You should have no problems at all.

I'm curious, what size tires are you going to run?

• best kit i ever did on a rubicon was the teraflex 2.5 boost with shock extensions. rides awesome and fits 35" easily. keep in mind use of any stock JK wheel on any size lift kit will require wheel spacers to clear the rear sway bar links.

• As far as tires go, im only going to do 31's this time. All of my other jeeps i have always done 33's but this time only 31's to try and save on some fossil fuels. I didn't know that using stock JK wheel will require wheel spacers? What size spacers will i need to run? You would figure they would put that on the mod's like a keep in mind type deal.

• I have a quick question for you. Not trying to cause any problems or anything since I don't know your current set up, but why would you do a budget boost to run 31s? :)

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• I don't think you need ANY lift to run 31's on a JK. I'm pretty sure they come stock with 32's already. Many run 33's without any lift at all. Like stated above, a 2" lift will clear 35's for sure.

Might look a little silly running 31's on that setup!

Just my opinion!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• I don't think you need ANY lift to run 31's on a JK. I'm pretty sure they come stock with 32's already. Many run 33's without any lift at all. Like stated above, a 2" lift will clear 35's for sure.

Might look a little silly running 31's on that setup!

Just my opinion!

That's what I was getting at with my question. :laughing:

You do own a hairdryer don&#039;t you she asked? Of course I do, he replied, it&#039;s in the driveway, it&#039;s called a Jeep.<br /><br />Current - 97 TJ, 99 WJ, 12 Scion tC<br />Past - 94 ZJ, 02 TJ, 06 Rubicon, 06 XK, 07 Scion tC

• Yeah I'm not dead set on the 31's, I've had 6+ inches of lift on my last Rubi and missing the Clarence and just height factor. After doing some research came to find out that anything over 3 inches of lift will void the life time coverage, so that's why i went with the 2 inch. Might go 33's but havent done enough research to find out what type of mods will be needed for that as far as SYE.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!