Jeep Commander Expedition Build

• I couldn't resist keeping this jeep stock for any longer :suspicious: ...so I'm building it up for expedition use (camping/extended road-trips/towing/mild off-road)

Here is what I'm working with as a base:

2008 Black XK Limited Commander
    -5.7 Hemi V8
    -545RFE 5spd Trans
    -NV245 Tcase w/ 2.72:1 Low Range
    -Electronic LSD front and Rear (Real LSDs)
    -3.73 Gearing
    -Limited interior/exterior package
    -Mygig Nav/Hard drive/DVD/Rear Screen/Backup Camera
    -Tow Pkg. Rated for 7200lbs w/ sway control
    -HD Roof Rails w/ snowboard mounts
    -Seating for 7

My plans for the build:

-2" Old Man Emu suspension lift w/ springs and struts
    -Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks
    -32" BFG MT Tires
    -17" Rubicon Wheels Powder Coated Black w/ TPSs
    -1.5" Spidertrax Wheel Spacers
    -Rocky Road Outfitters Super Sliders
    -Rusty's Off-road 1/4" strut spacers
    -4xGuard Front skid
    -4xGuard Matrix Bumper/Brush Guard/Front Receiver
    -4xGuard Belly Skid
    -Electronic Trailer Brake Controller
    -Custom Computer Workstation
    -Forward Mounted HD Video Camera
    -Rear Custom Bed / 3rd row removed with slide out storage unit or Roof Mounted Tent Setup
    -Aluminum Custom Roof rack and Custom Tire Carrier w/ Aux. Driving Lights
    -Dual Battery Setup
    -Front/Rear Remote Winch Setup
    -Lock-pick For My-gig/Nav
    -K&N Panel Filter
    -Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
    -Superchips Flashpaq Tuner
    -Front Windows Tinted

As the parts start arriving I will update what has been added to the vehicle...I hope to include video/pictures/and install write-ups as I get closer and closer to my end goal. Thanks that is all for now.

• Oh don't worry I will....I already "flexed" it out if you can call it that with IFS on a set of stairs...the LSDs work very well...almost too well :suspicious:

It's A Jeep Thing...You Wouldn't Understand
    *bLaTaNt DiSrEgarD oFfRoAd*

• lol cool man i am happy to see more big?new jeeps getting modded, this is kinda similar to what i want to do.

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Thanks Meeper but I forgot to mention I already have most of the stuff or already ordered it I'm just waiting on them to arrive or to install them, I do need a full size spare so I might look into them for that reason.

• Just a little teaser shot after getting one of the new tires/wheels mounted up with TPS and road force balanced to 2lbs of force ;D

• just looks bad in the pic I took with my blackberry...the finish is quite smooth and glossy with just a couple small imperfections, cant beat the price I paid though.

• damn i might have to rethink my rims those are sharp looking man

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Those wheels are 17" and from 07-10 wrangler X, Sahara and Rubicons. they come in silver or machined face. the 10 rubicon models are gray wheels now though.

• I bought them off a guy in texas from the jeepcommander.com forums...he was getting rid of them and they were cheap so I jumped on them. I still need a 5th wheel/tire for a full size spare, so if anyone knows where I can find one help a brother out haha...also I need to find somewhere that does powder coating for cheap ;)

• i am guessing you are going with a blacked out theme? I saw a WK that was blacked out in Flat Black that looked amazing, i know my accesories are gonna be black but i am not sure if i am gonna do high gloss, or flat.

• not all blacked out...I still have the limited chrome trim...just the wheels and rocker guards, and brush guard are going to be black

• if u guys like the black rims just powder coat your silver ones. holds up great. theres a place on 301 in middle town called powder barons. he charges like 25-50 a wheel pretty sure. ive had him do a few motorcycle rims for me

• So how long are the trips you are planning on taking? Will you need extra fuel or just water.

• it really depends on where the trips take me....im planning on doing a month long trip after I graduate and before I start a new job

• cool, i will have to get my jeep ready.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!