Ugh... 4wd stuck..

• So when it snows and I need it the most my Jeep gets jacked up... not right.
    I dug it out last night and took a .5 mile run after I put it in 4WD. no probs...

Today, it is in 4WD and won't come out... when out of the neighborhood and going faster than 25 I hear it making a high pitched whine... I turned around and parked it in the driveway again...

I'm not much on the mechanics... Anybody out there have a clue or a hint they can give?
    Home for the superbowl it seems....

• Did you try backing up ?

Sometimes my sticks.

You may need to adjust the shifter linkage.

• Yeah... reverse is good... tried to even move it when move both forwards and back slowly... didn't get that lucky.
    I had it adjusted when i put the body lift on. Actually got stuck on the beach first time out because it checked out on me then too...

Murphy's law...

• you might have snow stuck up there, i know that mine got stuck a few years back. See if you have any caked up in the skid

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• its your linkage not adjusted right im sure

x2 same thing happened to me...in a rite aid parking lot i pulled the linkage off, and put it in 2WD manually with channel locks. just follow the steps above.
    good luck! :driving:

• yeah my damn linkage comes apart every once and a while from the TC drop. it did it to me sat and i don't feel like laying in the snow to put it back in place. :censored: i can shift between 4 and 2 but i have to pull it all the way back to 4lo to get it in 4.

.,=======o00o<br />//__|__l__,\___\,___<br />l_---\__|__|---&#91;]lllllll&#91;] _<br />(o)_)____(o)_)--o-)_)__

• when my linkage was messed up i would just craw under and push the lever on the tcase, its pretty easy and moves pretty easy..

um just make sure the jeeps not moving :roll:

1997 TJ 4 banger 5 speed, 4.88&#039;s, detroit tru track in the front d30, RE 3.5,OME shocks, JKS 1.25&quot; BL, 33&quot; BFG A/T&#039;s, Llama bumpers tire carrier, Hi lift

• I had to make new linkages when I put in the np208
    my issue is with the front axle vac

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!