2" Lift Question

• I'm gonna be putting on a 2" lift on my 90'YJ so I can put my 31x10.5x15 tires. I have looked at so many lift kits and do not know which ones are the best. Any ideas? Also, I am gonna put new shocks on as well, but will I need to get a different size with the lift kit? I am new to this site and fairly new to the Jeep life. Man, is it ever addicting. Thanks for any advice!

• Thanks. Slowly redoing the Jeep and have many new replacement parts, but want to get the heavy stuff done first. I have looked on line for items, but are there some good places locally to get wheels and tires from?

• the cheapest 2" yj lift is a longer shackle
    A body mount spacer may give you the room you need to clear 31's

• Nice combo would be a Rubicon Express 2" lift with a 1 " Body Lift. You will cleat 31s really nice and have a better than stock ride. Also dont go too stiff with shocks.. Might try a nice adjustable shock.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Been awhile since I checked on this. Crazy work shifts in the ER. Thanks for all the advice. So the more rugged shock is not the better ones? Also, would anyone advise adding a leaf spring? Wasn't aware of the need to add a body lift/spacer? A little new at this, but enjoying the hell out of messing with my jeep!

• i put a 2.5 inch Rubicon express lift on one of my YJ's when i had it. Was a great ride, and great look when done. Did well offroad too. i highly recommend RE lift kits...complete with all new hardware

• I have a 2" RE BB on my Rubi I installed last year... just last week put a JKS 1.25" BL and had trucks unlimited put a 1" JKS MML on... ride is great and looks good... I posted pics in the jeep talk forum..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!