Transmission problems

• So i recently purchased a 2003 Rubicon from IG Burton in Milford De. The rig was in good condition with 64,000 miles on it and the only problem i could find was a noisy throw-out bearing.......... Well 200 miles over my 3000 mile warranty (45 days after the purchase). The transmission goes south and quick. Right now i can only drive in 4th gear with out hearing a horrible sound from 1,2,3 and 5. I called the dealership at first they said sorry about your luck. Then i talked to a guy in the service department and he was like well you can bring it in next week...... I was like really!!! At this point I'm pissed :upset:. I'm in Baltimore trying to figure out if i will make it home or not. The sales guy said the gentlemen who sold me the car was busy and he would call me back later. I replied I'm stuck in Baltimore. Two hours later i received a call back they said we will diagnose it for you but we can't fix it because your past the 3000 mile mark. At this point I'm pissed so i said OK i will see you tomorrow :cuss:. I was able to limp back to Delaware at a snails pace but my transmission sounds like a baby's rattle. Is there anything i can do to get the dealer to pay some or maybe all of the cost. Were is the best place to find a used Rubicon transmission? Does anyone on the forum rebuild them?.... WTF!!!! :bang:

Marcus Wilson

North Wilmington/ Talleyville

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

• ooo damn dude im on centerville rd. but if u go to joe shillings inc in north wilmington they will tow it to there shop n look n at it n all for 100 n then c wat they can do. n if u say my name as a referrence itll help

• ooo damn dude im on centerville rd. but if u go to joe shillings inc in north wilmington they will tow it to there shop n look n at it n all for 100 n then c wat they can do. n if u say my name as a referrence itll help

Reading your posts give me a headache. :innocent:

• If your texting on an old style phone then I understand, but if your just too lazy to type then don't bother. Makes you look stupid also! Just my opinion!

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• no they said the didn't know about it. The sales guy said it was inspected when it came in. I'm not sure when the manufacture warranty ended. Its a 2003 with 67000 miles on it. :bang: :bang:

Marcus Wilson

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

• no they said the didn't know about it. The sales guy said it was inspected when it came in. I'm not sure when the manufacture warranty ended. Its a 2003 with 67000 miles on it. :bang: :bang:

In 03 the warranty would have been 7/70
    I don't know if it was transferable . I think it was

• Ok so i went to the dealer and due to some problems they made in the paper work........... actually a big F@#$up :bang: on there behalf. Needless to say instead of going to court the decided to fix the trans and give me a rental.

Marcus Wilson

2020 Gladiator Rubicon

92 Wrangler Sport

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!