Inexpensive YJ hitch solution

• Is there an simple hitch for a YJ. Class III to use for a cargo pad? Ideas? I have looked online at hiddenhitch, etc.

Thanks!

• Is there an simple hitch for a YJ. Class III to use for a cargo pad? Ideas? I have looked online at hiddenhitch, etc.

Thanks!

I'm sure most here are going to suggest a aftermarket bumper with a built in receiver and a tie in kit. You will find most are not rated for towing (liability reasons cost too much $$$ to test) but are more then up to the task.JMHO

Neill

In a perfect world every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog.

• The stock bumper will twist from the leverage of the pad. Get at least a class 1 hitch but if you got a class 3 you could use it to pull you out on the trail and not have to worry to much.

• The stock bumper will twist from the leverage of the pad. Get at least a class 1 hitch but if you got a class 3 you could use it to pull you out on the trail and not have to worry to much.

Thats what I have ClassIII mounts to the side of the frame

• I was at B+H and picked up 2 Hitches for my Jeep. A Class III for the
    rear and another Class II rear hitch that I'm going to modify for my front
    bumper to hold my cargo basket. I also picked a 2nd complete wiring harness
    to fuse link all my accessories, a windshield mount, 4 light-light bar, windshield
    channel for assorted tops, shifter knob, assorted additional fuses and a door
    latch all for $40.00.

That's what I call Low Dollar! LOL

There is nothing that can't be fixed if you throw enough money at it,

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!