Surf Advice ??? Surf Newbie

• Hello Jeepers..... I have been a fresh water guy my whole life but am now ready to try surf fishing. Just a few questions. I have 245-70-17 on my WJ with QuadraDrive. Any ideas on air down pressure ? Tires are BF AT's load range E if that makes a diff. Also I would like to take my dog with me, any dog friendly beaches out there? Mostly looking to relax, get away from wife and work and if I catch something that would just be a bonus. Also has any installed a surf rack on a WJ front bumper ?? I cant find a front hitch. Should I bolt to front bumper or weld on a make shift receiver ??? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Aslong as your dog is on a 6 foot leash your good to go . I take mine out from time to time .
    Air pressure will depend on condition . IRI seems to always be soft when I get down there . I air down to 15ish psi .
    Never have to air down at Cape .

Can't help you on a rack tho sorry .

• yeah i would def not do a front mount surf rack. unless you mount it where the stock tow hooks are, honestly i would air down to 15 psi, not sure with my 32's what i am gonna do(i also might have 33's by summer) but we will see, i have never aired down before. but i was running much wider tires and on a much lighter vehicle

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• Yeah I am not new to shore fishing.... but am new to driving out on the surf so info on this thread will be helpful to more than just you... I am actually considering selling my rods and such... but once I get the time off, and know that I might have the tires to get me back off the beach... I might start hitting the fishing up again!!!

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!!!

• here is a website that will provide you with alot of information in regards to where you can go and general other state park info. I am pretty sure that if you go they require you to have additional equipment including a shovel, board, tow rope, etc..... ii suggest clicking on the rules link.

http://www.destateparks.com/ac…ng/surf-fishing/index.asp

i have always enjoyed cape henlopen and they are dog friendly.

the tires you have will work very well on the sand. as many have said, airing to 15 psi should work well. i know people that have run those tires as low as 10 psi, but i dont think you will need to. depending on when you want to go, it may be a good idea to try to meet up with some guys from here and they can give you tips and advice on air pressure and sand driving when you actually do get in the sand.

good luck

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!