May 8th RC Trail Report & Pics & Video

• Had a great day on the trails, being a trail leader is a pain, but I think everyone had fun.

Myself, DK Golden Eagle, JKgray10 & his brother, and Mr Joop and his friend.

Total of 4 Jeeps, 2 TJ's, 1 JK, and 1 CJ-7

I will do up an actual report later. but in short no one broke (as of the time we split from the park) I am sure we will all find some damage after the first wash.

I post up some pics and maybe a video in the next few days

• Had a great time and was great meeting James for the first time. James78 and JKgray10 did a great job being trail leader. In all it was a great day of wheeling.

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

• Friday night camping was nice, Bill and Brian stopped by after the KOH was over, It poured down for about 10 mins on Sat morning, but after that it was a great day, the sun was out, but it wasn't too hot.

- We started out down Trail 2 hitting up pretty much every green on the west prop,
    - I somehow made a wrong turn and ended up coming to a paved road... we turned around and got back to the park and made our way towards Lake christy,
    - on the way I hit Roxy's Way and got jammed up on a tree (the jeep has a small bruise and my tail light guards saved me from having to buy a new light.
    - I lead the group down the back side of lake christy via S-1... we crossed the small pond only to find more water on the other side. So we broke for lunch and then headed out the way we came in.
    - Made our way around the lake, then went down the hill climb to the lake. Climbed back out, everyone made it up, except for Mr Joop (he had some carb issues on the climb) so I winched him the rest of the way up.
    - We headed North until we got to the fire pit, myself and JKgray10 did it without issues.
    - I gave the lead spot to JKgray10, because he had a navigator to read the map.
    - We headed toward Rock Creek and actually did rock creek, by mistake. Myself and JKgray10 didn't have many issues, and actually, DK golden eagle and MrJoop made it thru with little assistance, a few bumps and bangs, but they did well and proved that even a smaller Jeep can hold its own.
    - We stuck to the west property for the rest of the day, hitting a bunch of blues w/ black sections, I think we hit 18A & B, 23, 10A, 12A, B, & C, and Trail 15. Only had to strap out once and use the hi-lift a couple times to get everyone up and over the rougher sections.
    - around 5pm we headed back to the comp course to play around and then we all broke out for the drive home.

I was really happy with my MTR's, 8 hrs on the trail, and 75 mph the whole way home, without a prob. (damn, I'm gonna miss this Jeep)

Here are some random pics from the day.

I'll work on the video later... it is Mother's Day, so I cant be sitting around the PC all day!

• Had a good time yesterday. When I took lead spot the trail started out nice but got hairy pretty quick... Everyone got out without serious injury so all in all wasn't bad. My brother was my navigator and since he isn't on this forum. It was all his fault! :laughing: Can't wait to see some of those videos.

• Nice pics! Looks like you all had a great ride. Wish I could have made it. Good luck to you, James, keep in touch!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• It was a good day, the weather turned out really nice after that one downpour James was talking about. I found some rock rash and a ding in one wheel rim when I washed the Jeep this morning, but overall it was a fun, challenging day without any big problems. I want fuel injection!

Thanks to James for organizing and leading and Matt and his navigator, too!

• Sounds like a great outing with "hands on experiences for Jeep 101".
    Great job and photos!!
    Truely sorry I couldn't make it.

• YouTube video uploaded...

Not the best, kindof hard to film and drive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvkHyU7DgAM

[size=small][youtube]

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/youtube][/size]

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!