New to it all

• Hey all, my name's Rob (friends call me Opie). I'm new to Jeep ownership and to the forums. I've always wanted a Wrangler so in May I bought a blue 2006 Golden Eagle Series with a black top. I don't have a hard top for it yet, but it does have chrome pipe bumpers. I'd eventually like to get a lift kit and larger wheels. As I said, I'm new to all this so I'm open to any and all advice. I'd love to get out on some trail rides and learn how to really 4-wheel with the best of them. Thanks to whoever owns a white Wrangler with the forums logo written on it that was at the 4th of July in Dover this year. That's how I got the heads up to check this out. Maybe I'll get a chance to sign up for some trail rides soon.

Opie

• How funny is that...yesterday I was also at the July 4 parade and saw the same white Jeep with the logo. I had no idea there was a local Jeep club. My son is 14 and we picked up a used 93 Cherokee a few months ago to build as his first car. When we got it it was a green with tan trim; not so exciting for a 14 year old. We started by changing the color to black and so far have added a 3" lift, 31" 10.5 tires on 98 Grand Cherokee wheels, and new exhaust. Right now we are working on sorting out the steering with a drop pitman arm and last night finished up installing adjustable lower control arms. An adjustable track arm is on the way..hopefully with that we can get the alignment and steering to work out. Looking forward to getting it off road.

• How funny is that...yesterday I was also at the July 4 parade and saw the same white Jeep with the logo. I had no idea there was a local Jeep club. My son is 14 and we picked up a used 93 Cherokee a few months ago to build as his first car. When we got it it was a green with tan trim; not so exciting for a 14 year old. We started by changing the color to black and so far have added a 3" lift, 31" 10.5 tires on 98 Grand Cherokee wheels, and new exhaust. Right now we are working on sorting out the steering with a drop pitman arm and last night finished up installing adjustable lower control arms. An adjustable track arm is on the way..hopefully with that we can get the alignment and steering to work out. Looking forward to getting it off road.

Welcome to the board. Check out the Trail Runs & Gatherings section and plan to come on a trail ride with us once your Jeep's done.

• Welcome. Glad to see another Golden Eagle. :up: My is also 2006 blue. Got rid of the gold wheels though. Put some pics up of it. An again welcome.

If I wanted a Hummer I would of asked you sister!<br /> <br />2006 Golden Eagle with not much Golden Eagle left. 2008 JK Wrangler Sahara stocker. Formiely DKGoldenEagle

thanks for the welcome all...Wirick, as I'm new to the Jeep world, I really don't understand half of what you just said, but I'll get there eventually. I'll post some pics as soon as I figure out how. I still have the gold rims and am debating whether or not I like them. But I do know I want bigger wheels, so that may be a mute point anyway. I also found a shift knob that I like (yes, I only drive standards) that is a replica of an A-10 control stick (what can I say...I'm Air Force). And I'd like to get a custom spare tire cover, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. It will also be Air Force related...I know there are some premades already out there, but the ones I've seen so far are weak.

Opie

• https://www.xskinz.com/product…uctid=16147&cat=26&page=1

Is this one of the "weak" ones you saw? Just killing time and found it. Pretty cool looking...

i agree. i think it's pretty cool...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• https://www.xskinz.com/product…uctid=16147&cat=26&page=1

Is this one of the "weak" ones you saw? Just killing time and found it. Pretty cool looking, but you're probably wanting a shot of an F16 flying overhead or something a little more aggressive?

Good luck and welcome!

Sorry if I offended, but that's really just not my thing. That's the old AF shield. The new symbol is here. http://www.386aew.afcent.af.mi…ic/web_afg_040413_001.jpg
    I actually am looking for something more aggressive. I'm looking for something that has something like a 500 lb JDAM going off in the background. And maybe an A-10 on one side a C-130 somewhere, and a F-22 or F-35....the logo I would use would be on the top and bottom...Top: "Raining hate from above" Bottom: "Since 1947". That's closer to the type of thing I want.

Opie

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!