*** DEJA's GWNF Fall Camping & Wheeling Trip - Sept. 17-19th ***

• Confirmed. Just looked at the GWNF website and open burning including camp fires, solid fuel stoves or coal fired grills are prohibited in the are including the forest developed camp grounds. Gas fired grills are allowed. :(

What about tiki's ?

10-15 of them in a circle will be something.

Especially if we pull the wicks way up. :innocent:

• OK, with Keith's above weather cast, do I gamble on leaving Thursday or Friday? Only a 50% chance of rain = 50% chance of sun.
    5 hrs. drive, Mud Terrain tires on a possible wet highway, to me...probably not the safest. Looks like Friday departure.

• its pm showers if it hapends. leave early enough should be fine :)

Concerns of getting caught in it and / or trying to set up camp. More than rain, they are saying thunderstorms, which are usually heavy rains. I'll just follow the forecast closely.

Thanks for the encouragement. :up:

Oh, is there anything particular happening on Friday? Trails are Saturday, correct?

• Hey guys,

Im a ESJA member but i'm currently in school at James Madison University in Harrisonburg. I was hoping to get out with you guys on Saturday if that's cool. I assume just meet at the Brandywine recreation area around 9:15 or so? Looking like a great weekend for wheeling. Hope to see everyone out

-Jon

• Hey guys,

Im a ESJA member but i'm currently in school at James Madison University in Harrisonburg. -Jon

Jon,

When do they expect the bad weather tomorrow?
    Suppose to hit Wilmington late afternoon. More than likely, early out that way. Suppose to last all day out that way?

Thanks

• I think its supposed to be Late afternoon into the early evening on Thursday. Although supposedly most of the precipitation it supposed to go North of here so coming around the beltway and 64 to 81 could be a little messy if your coming that way if most of the rain does stay North

• By the way, I just heard that Peter's Mill is closed as of 9/13 for "Trail Relocation" so I probably wouldnt plan on it this weekend if anyone had it in mind.

• Hey guys,

Im a ESJA member but i'm currently in school at James Madison University in Harrisonburg. I was hoping to get out with you guys on Saturday if that's cool. I assume just meet at the Brandywine recreation area around 9:15 or so? Looking like a great weekend for wheeling. Hope to see everyone out

-Jon

Fine and fine.

• Sorry, can't make it...tomorrow. Going to head out Friday. Not sure how early, maybe 8:00 am.
    Yes, I am wussing out because of the possible rain but, at the same time I can do some additional adjustments to the Jeep.
    I have a strange sound, sometimes. Like 2 pieces of Styrofoam rubbing together. I think it might be the front bearings. So with the time, I might as well repack them. Oh, I hear the sound in the "cab" and it gets louder as the speed increases then fades. I'll post this part on the "Jeep Talk".
    Thanks, see you Friday.

• ok all packed and ready to roll. will be leaveing at 10 am and heading to the mc donalds for chris on the island. if anyone does leave tomarow i will be on channel 4 and cell phone number is 850-517-6073

See yall there~

• I'm still planning on meeting up with you guys as well on saturday. Is there anyones number I can get for when Im down there. I will be coming from staunton. I may meet up with jon, not sure yet. I just sent him a message from our esja site :) Almost forgot. the name is Scott and Thanks for letting us tag along.

• I'm still planning on meeting up with you guys as well on saturday. Is there anyones number I can get for when Im down there. I will be coming from staunton. I may meet up with jon, not sure yet. I just sent him a message from our esja site :) Almost forgot. the name is Scott and Thanks for letting us tag along.

There's no cell service in the campground and surrounding area for a couple miles.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!