yet another fun filled jk problem

• so driving back from radio shack today cruising along at about 53 on the road back to base chick in a yellow Subaru cuts me off slams on breaks so i do same slammed on breaks and down shifted into seccont. felt like i actually attempted a front end stand lol. but any how drooped to first pulled into the right lane and went to speed up and dash lights went off and started miss fireing like all :censored:

once i creeped home i threw my code scanner on came up with 7 codes went replaced the spark plugs now i got 3 codes and i cant figure this out

i see alot of answers mostly saying catalytic converter failure

p0339

p0300

i actually get code p0339 2 times....

what the codes mean

p0339 crankshaft position sensor intermittent

p0300 multiple cylinder misfire

i was thinking maybe threw me out of time but i dont have a distribute lol got that weird :censored: ignition coil

oh. didn't get to change wires or ignition pack was all out of stock at all 3 autoparts stores lol.

• So you threw it in second gear at 53 MPH? It doesn't sound like a JK problem.
    TBH, between this and the clutch problem, it may be time to switch back to an automatic. :shrug:

TBH, between this and the clutch problem, it may be time to switch back to an automatic. :shrug:

X2

But seriously you may have confused your computer going from 53 to a second gear wheel stand.
    I would try taking your positive battery cable off for about 15 minuets let the computer reset and see what happens.

And how did you come up with Spark plugs as a fix?

• i hit the breaks then down shifted, It wasn't a automatic down shift, When i shifted i was at about 3500 rpm jeep has never Ben in the red.

jeep did stall out took 3 tryes to get it to start.

spark plug fix was the misfiring. wife's truck had similar problem when steeping on gas you'd get a major missfire. after checking the plugs they had oil on the front 2 plugs.

i did the battery cable thing left off for bout 45 mi nuts. and after re connecting i pumped the gas peddle 3 times to reset it again and codes stayed off for about 1 minute then came back,

going threw some things i think my crank position censor went bad. apparently its a common problem on the 3.8 least that's what buddy down at work was saying

heh thought about that actually before this all happend. but there is no way that will happen. between paying this off and fixing it and my work . yea no lol

• so after some more googleing. i found someone with same problem. after i blew up my clutch i should have had the crank position censor checked. not too bad still lookin for the part but its location makes it simple fix.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!