Ocean City Jeep Week

• I'm not sure I understand the post. Is this in case someone doorless might go to ESJA offroad land? Then I agree, have doors. If it is something else, please explain.
    thanks

I think what they are saying is that OC has a local ordinance making no doors illegal and that they will write tickets for it.

• I have been down there countless times without doors this past summer. I haven't even had a cop give me a 2nd look. It all depends on the cops attitude that day.

I would assume that its a ordinance that they put in place to give the cops another excuse to pull you over to check for DUI. As long as you are driving responsibly and are not for a lack of a better term "acting a fool" I think you will be fine.

I will be speaking with Sack more about it. I will let you all know what he says.

• I just contacted Ocean City PD about this.

This is what I was told.

"Article 23105 states all vehicles must have door handles" He also said "that any vehicle that was equipped with doors from the manufacturer must have those doors on the vehicle."

I asked about the ordinance and he said that nothing has changed in regards to the doors being on the vehicle for years. He said it gives an officer a reason to pull you over.

So I contacted Sack about this and hopefully he will have some connection in the PD to talk to them about it.

• I use to drive around there with no doors all the time, it only applys to MD jeeps. How can you be expected to know the laws in another state juat cause you are visiting?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I use to drive around there with no doors all the time, it only applys to MD jeeps. How can you be expected to know the laws in another state juat cause you are visiting?

I think the phrase "ignorance of the law is no excuse" applies here.

It sounds like it's a local ordinance. Has nothing to do with where you are from.

• Hmm, doors were an option on my Jeep, wonder if I could argue I didn't have any OE? I've been through there plenty with no doors, they're probably taking pity on an old, fat, bald guy trying to recapture his youth ;D

• i realize this kieth but unless they have a giant sign that is posted before you enter in to OC how are you suppose to know about the law?

bLaTaNt DiSrEgArD<br /><br /><br />TJ 98 4 banger gone but not fogotten<br />WJ 02 limited- Do all vehicle &quot;QUICK THROW A LOCKER AT IT!!!&quot;

• I cross the DE/PA line every week and nowhere does it say anything about hands free cellphone use, tax free shopping, open container laws, fender flares, ect....

A few years ago some guy bought a brand new lifted truck in DE, drove down to OC and was given a ticket for the lift. The truck was bought back by the dealer.

It is what it is.

I will say you early CJ guys could fight it though, since doors were optional.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• Ironically enough, the poster advertising the event shows a CJ with no doors! (no seatbelt etiher!) LOL!!!
    I'm guessing you all didn't notice because of the eye candy that dominates the picture!!!

It's a TJ.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• The Jeep Show-n-Shine is 6 miles outside Ocean City on the east bound side of the highway. Just in case anyone wanted to know. I may drive there Saturday morning via 113 to 50, per Sack's suggestion from Northern Delaware. Plus, it sounds like a good way to avoid Beach traffic. Maybe head home through the beach area, for the fun of it. IDK

• The Jeep Show-n-Shine is 6 miles outside Ocean City on the east bound side of the highway. Just in case anyone wanted to know. I may drive there Saturday morning via 113 to 50, per Sack's suggestion from Northern Delaware. Plus, it sounds like a good way to avoid Beach traffic. Maybe head home through the beach area, for the fun of it. IDK

I'm still weighting on an answer from the girlfriend about the camp site, As far as I know it should be OK but I will let you know what I find out. 113 will definitely be the best way.

• 113 is usually the way I go to OC. My parents go back and forth to OC quite a few times a year and they always go that way. (Plus my dad can't stand Rehoboth) It's a long boring ride but there's a lot less touron traffic! Just make sure to watch out for deer on the home.

• Here's some info Sack got from the OC PD.

Can't have door handles w/o doors.

Some of it's comical. Have to have a fuel system, universal joints and motor mounts. :roflmao:

• i realize this kieth but unless they have a giant sign that is posted before you enter in to OC how are you suppose to know about the law?

Chris, here's an analogy for you.

In some states it's legal to have a loaded weapon on your front seat while driving.

Now if you cross into another state where it's illegal, are you guiltless because there wasn't a giant sign telling you this at the border.

• Chris, here's an analogy for you.

In some states it's legal to have a loaded weapon on your front seat while driving.

Now if you cross into another state where it's illegal, are you guiltless because there wasn't a giant sign telling you this at the border.

Apples and oranges.
    This analogy is way off. Some states will not allow vehicles to have any tire sticking out from the fenders.
    So are out of state drivers supposed to change tires before entering there state.
    What about license plates some states require both front and rear.
    All states should respect the the laws for which a vehicle is registered in.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!