New Years Day trip, NJ Pine Barrens

• I put in my vacation request, so assuming it goes through, I'll lead another trip to the NJ Pine Barrens on New Years Day 2011. I started doing these trips to "get the year started right, offroad!" back in 2006. I'll post up more details as time goes on, but it should be an easy trip if it doesn't rain too much before the trip.

As with all DEJA trips, you need to have tow points and working 4wd. Tow straps, cb radio, camera, etc are all good ideas as well. And waders if you think you might get stuck, so nobody else has to get wet to walk the tow strap out to your Jeep. The terrain in the pine barrens is mostly sand trails (old unmaintained roads and fire roads) and the challenges are mud and water crossings. We WILL go through water, at minimum door sill height. But a stock Jeep can make it through, I led the first trip in a stock height Cherokee with 28" all terrain tires.

The trails are technically roads, so your vehicles must be tagged and insured, etc. As usual, no alcohol, seat belts must be worn, etc etc etc. Please make sure your rig is fueled before meeting at the staging area we'll be miles from the nearest gas station.

I usually meet with anybody wanting to convoy up right before the DE Memorial Bridge at Mikes Bikes. It's around 60 miles from the bridge to the staging area. I'll stop at a Wawa somewhere along the way.

If you're interested, feel free to post up. Due to previous problems with trips to NJ, the meeting locations and times will not be posted on the forum, they will be sent via PM to everybody who signs up.

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• if you haven't been before, search the forum for "pine barrens" to find pictures and reports from previous trips. Here is a report with pictures from a wet trip: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=14564.0 videos: http://www.delawareja.com/forum/index.php?topic=14598.0

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

• I'm still going. I took a quick trip to the pine barrens yesterday after helping my dad with his house. Got to try the winch out and it worked great. The line on my door was the water level. I got a little wet hooking the winch up.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=29728[/img]

• Im thinking about this, I did have an awsome time in the little red jeep. The ice was deff pretty interesting!

• two of the main sections we usually go through is currently off-limits thanks to some tree-hugger complaints. Hopefully they'll be open again before the 1st. Otherwise it'll be a fairly boring trip.

Jerry / Whatevah

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!