DOR's New Addition

• Game on!

We are now setup for all your CNC plasma cutting needs. I can work with dxf (auto cad), pcm (plasma cam), bmp pictures, pictures or hand drawn items, or something in your head. If you need something let us know!

• Save time and money but having DOR cut all your plate for you! When you think about consumable cost (grinders, saw blades, torch gases...) as well as the cost of steel and your time you can save a bundle by bringing your cutting needs to DOR. Today we cut some mud motor mount brackets for a boat which saved the builder hours in fabrication time to build the complex mount. We can save you time and money on anything from a simple gusset or light tab to your big parts such as link brackets, skid plates, spare tire mounts, or anything else you may be working on!

• Here something simple yet very helpful. Those that wish to build their own bumpers, or even modify prebuilt ones, are always looking for a good way to add safety chains to the hitch. This is a simple plate we cut that is welded to both the bumper and the reciever to attach safety chains. The bracket also aids as an extra gusset to add some extra strength to the reciever tube.

We are selling just the bracket as well as a kit that includes a reciever tube and the bracket.

No job too big or too small. Recently had a local guy that needed some skids build for towing disabled vehicles. We cut the main skids, dimple died them, and cut a bunch of gussets to make a light weight and strong skid.

• Here something simple yet very helpful. Those that wish to build their own bumpers, or even modify prebuilt ones, are always looking for a good way to add safety chains to the hitch. This is a simple plate we cut that is welded to both the bumper and the reciever to attach safety chains. The bracket also aids as an extra gusset to add some extra strength to the reciever tube.

How thick is that?

As far as adding strength to the tube if you pass it thru both sides of the bumper, strength will never be an issue, especially with what a Jeep can tow.

When I built mine I went this route:

• That is 1/4" plate. While I agree if you weld the tube on both ends you should be fine but a lot of guys make bumpers as their first welding project. If you are new to welding, the extra gusset will do nothing but help.

• The way i first read your post it seemed like you questioned how much strength the plate could really add.

I agree, passing the tube through to the back side should really be the only way to do it, which is why i think all the manufactures do it that way.

Might as well add to the discussion that passing through to the backside is really the best way to install clevis mounts too.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• The way i first read your post it seemed like you questioned how much strength the plate could really add.

Well, that depends on the thickness, that's why I asked.

Might as well add to the discussion that passing through to the backside is really the best way to install clevis mounts too.

That's the way I did it.

[img width=800 height=600]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=30757[/img]

[img width=800 height=600]http://www.delawareja.com/gall…nloadItem&g2_itemId=30761[/img]

• maybe this is a dumb question.... but how precise can you get with this machine? I have a few parts for a home project i am designing that i was going to cut and grind with a dremel, but this seemed like it could work nicely. The pieces I am looking to get cut are not very big, both pieces are probably smaller than a large index card together. one piece on a 1/16" piece of treated steel, and the other on a 1/32" piece i believe. The only problem is the pieces need to be cut down in measurements of 1000ths of an inch. Needless to say its a lot of work with a micrometer and a dremel. Is this machine capable of that?

• I am going to agree with Brad that a laser cutter may be the better tool for the job. While the CNC plasma table is extremely accurate, the plasma arc will not provide the close of a tolerance. There would also be some warpping of steel that thin.

• I am going to agree with Brad that a laser cutter may be the better tool for the job. While the CNC plasma table is extremely accurate, the plasma arc will not provide the close of a tolerance. There would also be some warpping of steel that thin.

I'm curious what the "home project" is that requires that close a tolerance.

• Miller Metel in Bridgeville.

Just send them your drawing or model file and way you go.

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!