tranny questions

• well the engine has been replaced and now the tranny has gone, im too far into this thing to unload it. any thoughts as to which direction to go? its going to cost alot, yes? should I replace it or rebuild it what are the costs associated with them? I guess i really dont know what im looking for-maybe just to whine about it. I am going to post a WTB for the tranny and se what hits i get. Oh well...its a jeep thing! :help:

• so...are you saying this would be a good option? what would I need to get after that? looks completely different from mine. I also use it as a daily driver what would that do? So Ithink either way I go its going to be 1200.00 ish? UGH!!!

• It's just another option. The Novak site is great for transmission and transfer case info. I'm sure you can replace your trans in kind by using this search:

http://www.car-part.com/

As an aside, mine is a daily driver.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• yeah i saw that site, im just on edge about spending all that money. why is the tarnny so small compartaively to mine. would there be another piect to buy? just a novice question.

• It's all dependent on the engine, transmission, and transfer case you currently have.

Clever quotes added to a person's signature only aim to add more weight to an otherwise feeble point.

• For the jeep that you have and what you do whit it I would just get your trans rebuilt or get a used one for it .

85 cj7 4" suspension 1" body lift on 33X13.50 swampers , Ford 9" / arb , t18 trans , dana 300 t case , and a efi 5.0 from a 93 gt . ( soon to have dana 44 and arb in the front )

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!