Deja January 15th Raush Creek Ride

• OK, here it is! In attendance: Altierior, FZMax, RedOliver, Daddanelena, & me, Shorebird. We started out on 1A, and as on every trail we rode we were breaking fresh snow. We ran the north section of 2 to crawler ridge and then to the west property thru the blue 12's, black 20 and then to 13a and 13b. We took a lunch break and since we were planning on an early exit from the park we decided to make Cemetery on the south property our last trail and finish out the day around the comp area if anyone wanted to hang any later. At the beginning of Cemetery I slipped off a rock and managed to crush my exhaust pipe and hole my oil pan, this kinda ended the riding for the day. John towed me back to the parking area and we put my YJ on his trailer to assess the damage. We got the leak slowed down, and enough exhaust was getting by for me to drive home planning on a few stops to dump some oil back in. You almost go a call Percy. Dee followed me home and I'll let her fill in the part where she charmed her way out of an inspection violation!! Another great ride in the DeJa history book. See You All at the party!

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• Now Randy was that the brand new exhaust you just put on not to long ago???

it looked brand new to me. then again, all of the underside of Randy's YJ looks brand new compared to my XJ's underside. :doh:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Yup, it WAS brand new,lol. I just crushed the front pipe. I'm gonna pull it and the oil pan off today or tomorrow and get everything replaced by next week.

Randy

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's

• Yeah, got pulled over in a little burg west of Reading. There was no place to pull over where he wanted me to so I went on through the intersection and then pulled on the shoulder. Guess he thought I was gonna run cause he even flipped on the siren then. I was bent down retrieving my wallet and stuff from the passenger side floor when the guy knocked on the window. When I sat up and looked over he did look a little startled, guess he was expecting someone like Anx1ous instead? He said he couldn't read my inspection tag and my front fenders were missing. I kept up that same trend I had going on the trails all day (doing "blonde" things) and he got all friendly and solicitous. After he made me get out so he could show me the problem with the inspection sticker (it's partly obscured by the pin in the tire carrier and NO he didn't show me anything else thanks for asking) He warned me to be careful while I got back in because there were cars driving by and that I should have a stepladder and I was on my way.

I had a blast in the snow and thanks again to everybody. Is there a jeep 100? I think 101 was a bit too advanced for me. For the kids along - sorry about that F- bomb on the radio, what a mom. jeez. Randy gave big blue a nice oil sheen on the way home. His smoke trail was easy to follow and we sure didn't have any problems with bugs.

• I was bent down retrieving my wallet and stuff from the passenger side floor when the guy knocked on the window. When I sat up and looked over he did look a little startled, guess he was expecting someone like Anx1ous instead? H

yeah, i bet he was not expecting a woman driving that beast.

I kept up that same trend I had going on the trails all day (doing "blonde" things) and he got all friendly and solicitous.

you women are lucky; ya simply turn on a little charm and you're golden.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I had a blast in the snow and thanks again to everybody. Is there a jeep 100? I think 101 was a bit too advanced for me.

funny, but not true. you rocked yesterday (pun intended :mrgreen: )

~ JD

• haha I loved seeing you drive that big thing up to Qtec. I couldn't believe you could get into it!

Jerry / Whatevah

2020 Gladiator Mojave - 33" Falken mud tires, LoD side steps, Zroadz bed rack, Quadratec QRC winch bumper, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Kleinn on-board air, Kleinn air horns, lots of lights, Yaesu ham radio with GPS tracker.

Gone- 2012 JK Rubicon with stuff. Long gone- Long-arm 2001 Cherokee with stuff.

• Yeah, got pulled over in a little burg west of Reading. There was no place to pull over where he wanted me to so I went on through the intersection and then pulled on the shoulder. Guess he thought I was gonna run cause he even flipped on the siren then. I was bent down retrieving my wallet and stuff from the passenger side floor when the guy knocked on the window. When I sat up and looked over he did look a little startled, guess he was expecting someone like Anx1ous instead? He said he couldn't read my inspection tag and my front fenders were missing. I kept up that same trend I had going on the trails all day (doing "blonde" things) and he got all friendly and solicitous. After he made me get out so he could show me the problem with the inspection sticker (it's partly obscured by the pin in the tire carrier and NO he didn't show me anything else thanks for asking) He warned me to be careful while I got back in because there were cars driving by and that I should have a stepladder and I was on my way.

I had a blast in the snow and thanks again to everybody. Is there a jeep 100? I think 101 was a bit too advanced for me. For the kids along - sorry about that F- bomb on the radio, what a mom. jeez. Randy gave big blue a nice oil sheen on the way home. His smoke trail was easy to follow and we sure didn't have any problems with bugs.

Sounds like Spring Twp the guys on the BMJA forum say they LOVE to pick on Jeeps.Good to hear you didn't get a ticket.

• And if that doesn't work, there's always: :naked:

well, that's part of the 'charm' that women have. they reserve their heavy artillery for when 'a little charm' isn't working.

(some guys have those, too, but flashing them will NOT get you out of a traffic citation)

~ JD

• Dee it was great meeting you.

You handled yourself and your rig just as well as anyone else; you could teach a 101 course.

Now as far as that F-bomb goes, my poor son hasn't slept since. He's like a shell-shocked vet, springs up in bed at night screaming about it. :roflmao:

• You handled yourself and your rig just as well as anyone else...

you didn't even smash your oil pan and need a tow to the parking lot for repairs before limping home.
    (sorry, randy, i just had to. :idiot: )

~ JD

• Now as far as that F-bomb goes, my poor son hasn't slept since. He's like a shell-shocked vet, springs up in bed at night screaming about it. :roflmao:

:laughabove:
    my daughter is now using it as not only an exclamation, but also as a noun, verb, adverb, and adjective - working it into every sentence.
    (just kidding; i still don't have a CB, so we didn't have the pleasure of enjoying your utterance.)

~ JD

• I knew that shot was coming, John, I just didn't know when :laughing: ! And Dee... enough of the 100 crap, you're as able as most of the rest of us and getting better!! The oil pan is off and welded, and the exhaust pipe is on the way. Prob be back on the road by the weekend.

Randy

• Thanks, all. But you gotta admit, stopping in the middle of a steep hill in the snow? That was pretty f'ing stupid. I told my Dad about that one. He taught me to drive. I grew up in a town that is all steep hills and we lived on top of one of them. He got that look on his face like Wayne had when he thought somebody had driven away in his jeep at the BP. All he could say was well you oughta know better than that. Maybe it was all those years in Houston where the steepest incline is a hwy overpass?

John, maybe she heard me say it in person one of the many times I fell on my ass in the snow.

• ... like Wayne had when he thought somebody had driven away in his jeep at the BP.

that was effin hysterical! :laughing:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!