What m,aster cylinder should i use?

• Ok so a little info i have 3/4 ton D44 and D60 out of a 78 f250 front has twin piston caliper and rear k20 calipers. my questions is which master cylinder should i run. i have an 87 yj. Also which vacumn booster and proportioning valve? any info would be great thank you

• Ok so a little info i have 3/4 ton D44 and D60 out of a 78 f250 front has twin piston caliper and rear k20 calipers. my questions is which master cylinder should i run. i have an 87 yj. Also which vacumn booster and proportioning valve? any info would be great thank you

I am upgrading mine to a 99 Dodge 3500 MC. Using the Rubicon proportioning valve although I have seen a manual one and considered it. Not sure this is a direct replacement in a YJ but I believe it is close...

http://section8krawlers.com/si…rum/index.php?topic=417.0

Let me add I have the same rear setup and 1989 Ford F350 D60 up front.

• first i would suggest putting in a dual diafram booster, i have a 92 YJ, made a huge difference with discs all around, i put in a 2001 TJ MC, you have to modify the arm that bolts to the pedal (just add the length it is longer, i think it was a little less than 2 inches), but thats it, everything else bolts up. i have a dodge Mc just like the one in the link sitting on the shelf waiting to go in, i was worried about the proportion block, but i will play with that when the time comes. fyi i have full size dana 44 and 60

i think i can find some pics of mine:

i also was thinking if i had alot of trouble giving Daves Unlimited Customs a call, he made his business making break booster that bolt in and can do custom applications, i called him a while back and one for mine with my axles with for like 325.00 shipped.

http://davescustoms4wd.com/mm5…e=DCU&Category_Code=PBCK3

• The dodge 2500/3500 from late 90's-2000's bolt right up with the caveat being you have to make a spacer to extend the pushrod also make sure you get the reservoir...but I would try to use your stock booster first as when you go to a bigger bore Master, you are pushing more fluid but at less of a pressure..being as how you have 1 ton brakes you will probably need to push more fluid but I have seen the stock master work...

part#'s can be found here http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/…161&highlight=ford+master

• I am running a dual diaphram booster (94 YJ) and a Dodge 3500 MC on my 87 YJ with dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. I am not running a proportioning valve as the stock one did not work well with the set up. The other issue I experienced was the pushrod from the newer yj booser did not work with the brake pedal switch from the 87 pedal.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

• I am running a dual diaphram booster (94 YJ) and a Dodge 3500 MC on my 87 YJ with dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear. I am not running a proportioning valve as the stock one did not work well with the set up. The other issue I experienced was the pushrod from the newer yj booser did not work with the brake pedal switch from the 87 pedal.

so how good did this setup work for you?

• It seems to work fairly well. Prior to this, the braking did not do the trick with the 39's and this was the last thing before going to hydro-boost. Keep in mind this rig is not street legal, so i could not comment on high speed stops.

I too, am with stupid<br />87XJ&nbsp;(gone), 97 ZJ W 31&quot; MT&#039;s (gone), 04 TJ W 3&quot; procomp springs/ 33&quot; BFG&nbsp; MT&#039;S (gone)<br />87 YJ- SOA - 39.5 Swampers-111&quot; wheel base, 4 link front, Atlas, 14 bolt, Dana 60 and stuff

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!