Fisherman Information Network (F.I.N.) Registration Number

• I wasn't sure for 2011 what the deal was with the FIN number requirements because according to THIS LINK, the FIN is automatically generated when you get a fishing license and the surf tag technically doubles as a license.

[quote author=Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife]Angling:

* New for 2011 * If you purchased your fishing license (with the exception of the Non-Resident Boat Fishing License) through DNREC's online licensing system or at DNREC's main office in Dover, your FIN (Fisherman Information Network) number was automatically generated and appears on your license with no further FIN registration necessary.

The regulation requiring a FIN number for all Delaware anglers, 16 years and older, went into effect Jan. 1, 2009. If you are a Delaware angler or non-resident who intends to fish Delaware waters, a new FIN number must be obtained annually in addition to a Delaware fishing license. Go here for more information on getting your Delaware FIN number.[/quote]

Anyway I called just to be sure and surf tag holders do still have to register because they fall under the Department of Parks and Recreation. (Government communication at it's finest.)

Here is a link for the lazy. You can register online or by phone.
    http://www.delaware-fin.com/

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!