SteelSoldiers Spring 2011 Rausch Creek MV Rally

• FWIW, SteelSoldiers is having their spring trail run at RC this weekend. Happened to be there a couple years back and saw these guys out on the trails. Very impressive to say the least...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/n…sch-creek-mv-rally-3.html

i was there the same day as them last year. agreed, quite impressive. however, i personally would avoid RC on the weekend that they are there. there are not many places that they can go, and they completely log-jam whatever area they are in. it's ridiculous. they were driving back and forth through 'five foot pit' and 'yes, it's deep', because that's about all they could do. the pole line is really wide there, yet we still had difficulty passing. between those humongous trucks and all of the 'normal' 4x4s who had stopped to gawk, it was like the Schuylkill expressway at rush hour. (that last reference may be lost on a lot of you guys, but i'm sure you get the gist.)

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• I remember that weekend. Nothing like driving down a green trail and coming nose to nose with a duece and a half. It took me about a tenth of a second to figure out who had the right of way. :o

• I remember that weekend. Nothing like driving down a green trail and coming nose to nose with a duece and a half. It took me about a tenth of a second to figure out who had the right of way. :o

so they found some elbowroom to pull over and let you by? :laughing:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• But, if you like that sort of thing, and I do, it was pretty damn cool. :up:

there is certainly no denying that they are way badass. i just don't want to be wheeling with them :laughing:

~ JD

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!