yj transfercase issue??

• installed my 2.5 re standard lift w/transfercase drop. now i cant shift into 2nd, 4th or reverse. im assuming its due to the transfercase drop. any suggestions. havent had a chance to look at it much to see if its hitting the floor or whatever.

second. on the posi lock, there are 3 hoses that go to the transfercase and one from the tcase to the manifold. do all 4 get capped.

thanks in advance

• Quote from "MellowYellow"

installed my 2.5 re standard lift w/transfercase drop. now i cant shift into 2nd, 4th or reverse. im assuming its due to the transfercase drop. any suggestions. havent had a chance to look at it much to see if its hitting the floor or whatever.

second. on the posi lock, there are 3 hoses that go to the transfercase and one from the tcase to the manifold. do all 4 get capped.

thanks in advance

Pull the boot up and you'll likely find that the shifter is hitting the tranny tunnel...a little trimming and you should be fine. IIRC if you trace the vacuum lines to where they're colored plastic it's the red one that is the supply...cap it and the rest can sit.

--Ian

• Dave you can just cap off the 4 hoses on the T-case and manifold now since you have the Posi Lock. They are the vacume hoses that used to engage your front axle. Now you have posi lock, they are no longer needed! :folded: :tup:

• Quote from "DrJ"

I'm new to this YJ lifting stuff, but I didn't think a 2.5" lift necessitated a transfer case drop.

DrJ

I shouldn't.

• Hey dave just wanted you to know that now you have a 4x4 posi lock now just so you know that now you have it :peace:

• Quote from "astape"

I shouldn't.

it came with it..so i put it on. its not going to be a trail rig so the extra inch dosent bother me...

...problem solved...all i had to do was relocate the boot bracket and trim ring that holds the boots down. all is well...just need to do the brake lines now

• Quote from "BlackRubi"

El Davo just let me know when you're doing brakes and I'll be over, I got a case of beer too

mmmm... a case of beer and brake work... Remind me not to follow behind Dave... :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!