Pictures and Gallery Questions

• Ok so I take a lot of pictures. My camera makes them really big files. Is there a way to upload them without having to edit every single picture one at a time. I want to be able to keep my large originals without having to make a smaller copy so I can upload them in various places. Is this possible?

Also the gallery works with Picasa 2 and I have Picasa 3. Does that matter?

• Are you guys using something capable of batch processing to resize them. It only takes a few seconds per image and will save you time when uploading as well as saving bandwidth on the server.

• heh...I love that I don't get asked these questions...

Prolly because I give answers like this:

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=resize+multiple+images+windows

:innocent:

J/K...yes dear, it is easily accomplished in windows using imageresizer which will add an option to the context (right-click) menu that will allow you to resize one or more pics.

If using a 'real' OS I prefer Imagemagick's builtin 'mogrify' utility:

for d in `ls *.jpg | awk -F. '{print $1}'`; do
    mogrify -resize 800 $d.jpg $d_small.jpg
    done

:shrug:

FWIW gallery2 is compatible w/ the picasa3 exports...BUT...it involves exporting the picasa album to a local dir w/ corresponding XML file, uploading that dir to the server in question, and then spec'ing that dir in the import.

--Ian

• I don't ask you because you give me answers no one but geeks understand :laughabove: and then get mad when I don't understand.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!