TJ Fuel pump and system

• its a yj with a tj 4.0 out of an 01, i have gotten rid of the yj fuel system and converted to single line in and no return, the stock tj pump is mounted with a lock ring in a fuel cell. i get power to the pump and can hear it run however there is zero pressure, the pump is not pumping but its making noise. i don’t understand it. The pump assembly is fixed to the top of the pump because in the tj tank its compressed, so i did this mod, however there is still is no fuel pressure, it is vented.. Makes no sense.

the mod:
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum…hread.php?t=471690&page=5

any help or ideas would be nice, at this point im assuming the pump is bad....
    Cj-

• I have the same setup in my TJ and It works fine. Your getting no pressure at the fuel rail? When you turn the key does the pump stay running or shut off after a few seconds? It should shut off after a few. Try cycling the key a few times to build up pressure, then try to start it. I know when i replaced mine, it took a while to start and still sputterd for a minute when it finally did.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• i have no pressure anywhere, i pulled the line off the pressure regulatior at the pump and nothing, it is humming like at start up but contuies to hum and dosent stop, im going to play with it today, i ordered a new pump from ebay last week just in case. im assuming it runs on 12v constant and 5v start up???

Cj-

• fixed, had the wrong wire hooked up not enough voltage, re wired it to get 12 volts and whammo fuel everywhere...

thanks

cj-

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!