locker question

• My jeep is a daily driver, and I want to lock the rear. I know that a selectable locker is ideal for daily drivers, but I don't want an ARB and I don't know if I want to deal with the cable on an ox locker. How are e-lockers,and are they worth the money? Some people also suggested a Detroit truetrac?

What are the specs on your Jeep ? Maybe you should get a winch instead of a locker if you are worried about becoming stuck
    while trail riding. I have the stock lockers in my Rubi and rarely use them and I DD my Jeep . Last time I used them was in the snow over the winter just playing around .

• You miss the part of my post above where I said I run one and am happy with it? IIRC stafford has one in his tj too.

Yup, it's new but so far so good. I went elocker because I didn't want to mess w OBA...I've run into too many people who have leaks and random small problems they are always messing with. I don't see too many people running Ox's so that tells me something. The elocker seemed like it has less components to fail which is a good thing. I started a thread on this very same subject (and I'm sure there was 10 in the past before that) a few months back. My advice is still to just put an Aussie up front but go with whatever you want...then maybe a year or so from now upgrade the other. :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!