GWNF Stocker Trail Ride: April 29th - May 1st, 2005

• The hotel group will meet at the Jamison Inn parking lot at 8:30am to LEAVE at 8:45am. We'll then meet at the DeJA CAMPSITE on Kephart at 9:30am Saturday morning. If you're going on the modified ride with Alan, you'll continue up the trail to his campsite. I can only suggest he start at 9:30am, so once you get to his campsite, it's on you (whoever you might be...) and him.

The STOCKERS will meet at the DeJA campsite at 9:30am, and we will leave immediately, giving a few minutes for everyone to get in and organized, hopefully within a few minutes of 9:30am. We WILL NOT be waiting like last time. If you wake up when we pull in to the campsite, you'll likely be left trying to catch up. The reason I picked meeting at the campsite is because that little bit of Kephart is FUN, and it will give everyone a chance to meet at the campsite. It is only a few minutes in and out, and it is some of the most fun trails we'll see.

• Sounds good :up: :up:

We WILL NOT be waiting like last time.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• Quote from "DrJ"

The hotel group will meet at the Jamison Inn parking lot at 8:30am to LEAVE at 8:45am. We'll then meet at the DeJA CAMPSITE on Kephart at 9:30am Saturday morning. If you're going on the modified ride with Alan, you'll continue up the trail to his campsite. I can only suggest he start at 9:30am, so once you get to his campsite, it's on you (whoever you might be...) and him.

The STOCKERS will meet at the DeJA campsite at 9:30am, and we will leave immediately, giving a few minutes for everyone to get in and organized, hopefully within a few minutes of 9:30am. We WILL NOT be waiting like last time. If you wake up when we pull in to the campsite, you'll likely be left trying to catch up. The reason I picked meeting at the campsite is because that little bit of Kephart is FUN, and it will give everyone a chance to meet at the campsite. It is only a few minutes in and out, and it is some of the most fun trails we'll see.

man steve you are SOOOOOO missing the point of these GWNF trips. the point is to get away and relax have a good time.... LEAVE THE WATCH AT HOME!!!!! we are NOT on a time crunch for anything but making it back to camp for happy hour..... which could be ANYTIME cause i wont have a watch on!!! or a cell phone or a pager THATS THE POINT!!!! you need to get away from civilization and UNPLUG! its morning when the sun comes up noon when the suns straight up and night time when its dark thats all i need to know while were up there.

jeezee some people!!!! :wavey:

• Yeah, but on another note I know it pissed some people off last time (myself included) when we were sitting around in our Jeeps for the LONGEST time waiting to leave. And then we got down Kephart and sat on the side of the road for another SUPER long time doing nothing. It wasted a good portion of the day where we could have been out riding around and enjoying ourselves.

I'm pretty sure that's what DrJ is trying to avoid this time.

• EXACTLY. You weren't waiting at the campsite on the last trip with twenty Jeeps full of families who had taken time off of work, husbands who had convinced their wives that this would be a fun thing to do with the family, and others who wanted to spend the weekend in their Jeep, not by the campfire waiting for you to finish your omelete and bloody mary. We all enjoy the time by the campfire, but most of us came to drive. A little organization goes a long way. Those of us with limited time off appreciate the time we do have not being wasted by others. If you want to post a drinking party at GWNF, I'm sure I'd sign up, as would quite a few others, but for those who signed up for a trail ride... even an EASY trail ride... the very least we can do is give them one they'll remember for the trail ride, not sitting at the campsite waiting for a trail ride. I've asked very little of you in regard to this trip because I know you have different expectations when you go to GWNF. I envy the position, but it isn't mine, and I'd appreciate a little respect for those of us planning and expecting something different... and trying to make sure it happens in a successful manner.

...and I can chill with the best of 'em, but I chill best when everyone is chillin'

• ok I have a idea you take the group that wants to hit the trail asap and we will take all the stragglers with us. so we wont call it a modified group but more of a laid back group....

edited for content

• Well, if we run out of trails we can do the same ones backwards. :hmm:

Also, if we get all the trails done, and it's afternoon and everyone wants to go back to camp, that's an option. At least we know we did all the trails there, and had time left over. I'd rather it be that way then wondering how much more we could have gotten done. There's always more to explore. Plus, there has to be a mall down there for crawling someplace right??

• we all ahve taken some time off. some of us are going down early to try to find some new trails to run. it will all work out and fun will be had. I was unaware we would be on such a tight time schedule myself but now that I know I guess I need a alarm clock se we can be up in time

have we got a good list of whos coming I am sure not everyone on the calander will make it

• No biggie. 9:30 isn't that early. Well, not anymore for me I guess with a baby. Regardless, if anyone isn't ready by then and wants to go later and you guys are heading out a bit later, they can go with you. But I think everyone knows the schedule that was planned, and everyone is free to do as they like. It'll still be a great weekend, even with the rain. :upset:

• The odd thing here is I haven't been all that organized. I've just answered questions based on the last two trips, and pulled some times out of my ass just so we can all meet somewhere to get started. The last thing I ever wanted was to be responsible for setting up a trail ride for 20-30 Jeeps. Ask anyone who knows me, I am NOT the one you want organizing ANYTHING. Just because I answer the same question four times in a twelve page thread, doesn't mean I'm organized... consistent maybe, but not necessarily organized. Oh, and I've emailed a few people up there to be sure the trails we're going on are open... now there's a novel thought. I also don't understand how someone would have a problem with picking a time to meet and sticking to it.

Can you hear Andrew saying, "We're going to Paragon this weekend. Let's meet at some Wawa near Wilmington, some time between say, 5:00am and, let's say 7:00am. Some of us will drive up on one road, the rest of you just get there whenever you can. We'll meet somewhere near Paragon, and I'll see you at the first trailhead I decide to run. I'm not sure which one that is yet, but you'll probably be able to find us. If not, I guess it sucks to be you."?

• to much structure can take all the fun out of it....
    and not enough structure can have the same effect.

I just afraid it is going to be to strutured with below comment

The STOCKERS will meet at the DeJA campsite at 9:30am, and we will leave immediately, giving a few minutes for everyone to get in and organized, hopefully within a few minutes of 9:30am. We WILL NOT be waiting like last time.

sounds really demanding and such now I know you didnt include de4wd in this but I hate all this seperation anyway. cant we all just get along..... this trip will be fun and it will all work out I have a oil change to do on the truck and then some shopping to do for the trip and I will be at the campsight with a cold one for you all on friday......

well ok a cold one for me and you can sit with me while you drink your cold one......I can carry that much beer....

• we never know what trail rides we are going to hit tiill we get to it at pargon do we.... I never have seen one posted..... I am sure alan has told you we are going to try to find some new stuff other wise we can just all run in one big group and hit the same 2 trails we know about all weekend long. I know this isnt very structured this way but it may prove to be the best thing that ever happend....then again we may not find anything and will have to run 30 mins behind you guys... hell this is all to much work....

• Quote from "Da Mutt"

sounds really demanding and such now I know you didnt include de4wd in this but I hate all this seperation anyway. cant we all just get along.....

we don't really have separation between them - just that steve was generalizing. he meant all the wheelers...but deja's how it came out. his "taken" responsibility is for the deja people.....so maybe you can repost it on the de4wd site?

Quote from "Da Mutt"

other wise we can just all run in one big group and hit the same 2 trails we know about all weekend long.

if by chance anyone sees this happening...i'll be signing up for the next trip instead. being spread out 1/4 mile is no fun :(
    chris (both of you have good points)

• Tony - Calm down. The only reason DrJ said "We WILL NOT wait like last time" was his way of assuring everyone that we wouldn't be sitting around the campsite frustrating everyone like we did last time. It was only his way of saying that we would get on the trails right away and get to the whole reason we're all going there in the first place.

It wasn't his way of saying we would leave everyone behind or anything.

sheesh.

• Wait? You have a PLAN to try to find new trails on Thursday? That's it, I'm out... this is way too organized for me! :peace:

I never intended to be organized or structured. That is NOT my style whatsoever. Someone asked for a time to meet, someone else mentioned not wanting to wait around (which was fair). I addressed those questions by picking a time and suggesting we stick to it, that's all.

I think we all want the same thing.

Alan, what kind of tequila can I bring?

• I never assumed steve would leave anyone behind I am just oh hell I dont know what I am tring to do I just want to go and have fun withmy friends thats all I want to do...... the rest of it I dont care about really I dont I am trying to play devils advocate and it is making me look like a bad guy and I dont really care about any of this crap I am going to wheel and camp and drink I dont care what order or how much of which one I do as long as I do it all......

• ...btw, I am pumped about not taking that same trail...good luck!

Did you read the story online about the guy in the woods who met a GWNF group waving a rifle and told them to turn around? Why can't we have fun rides like that? I can see Alan now, he'd have that guy back at the campsite doing shots and beers!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!