'11 JK Lift Installation

• Time to pull the trigger on lifting my new '11 JK Unlimited. I'll be going with the AEV 4.5". Does anybody either have a recommendation on a good shop in the Newark, Bear, etc... area that is reasonably priced or have a vehicle lift and is willing to help with the install (for payment, obviously)? Thanks!

• PM Astape. He did AEV brackets for JeffsJK.

You are going to love that kit. I'm running the 3.5" version. Get ready for your Jeep to handle about 10 times better.

• Thanks for the lead! The kit is a tad pricey, but I've heard great things about how it handles. Any reason you think I should go with the 3.5" over the 4.5"? I plan on running 35" Tires, but I don't want to regret it if it's not tall enough the first go around!

• Thanks for the lead! The kit is a tad pricey, but I've heard great things about how it handles. Any reason you think I should go with the 3.5" over the 4.5"? I plan on running 35" Tires, but I don't want to regret it if it's not tall enough the first go around!

If you are running 35's, I would go with a 3.5". Mine clears 35" MTR's fine and if I ever did 37's, I would change the flares out for the clearance.

Here are some random pics of mine. 4.5" would be tall IMO.

http://s916.photobucket.com/al…noxrents/#!cpZZ3QQtppZZ24

Are you doing gears as well? Astape can do them too if you are.

• Thanks for the advice and photos; that really helps my decision! I had planned on it, but I'm unsure if I need to. I currently have 3.73s. I was planning to do 4.88s. What are you running? If it helps, she's now my Daily Driver.

• Check out this thread I started for Gears and Lockers. There is some pretty good info in it is you ignore ADHD moments :laughing: FWIW I'm running a 3.5'' lift with 35's and am putting 5.13 gears in. (eventually)

• Pm Aaron for the install. My jku has a 3 inch lift and I want bigger for the added clearance. I plan on having Aaron do a long arm kit one of these days. Do your research before you decide on he lift kit, everyone has their own opinion as to what is the best.

• a 4.5 will deff fit 37s maybe larger, i have driven every combination of AEV jeep out there including the new 6.4L V8 and i will tell you they run really big and will deff get more sloppy the larger you go... there is a 2.5" kit coming in a few that will clear 35s.... if you are set on 37s 3.5 will still work fine

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!