Generic center wheel caps

• Fwiw, the replacement caps from MT are listed with an outer diameter of 3.285". The Classic II wheels seem to be the only ones that use that size, so it might be tricky finding a replacement.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-HC201-2/

I would venture a guess that the 0.035" difference would not be a problem.

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Having said that, I'm already nervous about the next time I need to remove the M/T center caps...and I haven't even put them on yet. Even with anti-seize stuff, based on my last experience I predict a problem.

If they are getting stuck in the center hole, I would just use a flap wheel and open them up a few hairs.

• If they are getting stuck in the center hole, I would just use a flap wheel and open them up a few hairs.

or buy a new set of caps that are a tiny bit smaller.

0.035" smaller should do just about perfectly. :innocent:

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Tried widening the inner circle last time...can't remember what I used to do it. But, obviously, I came up a few microns short of what was needed! If I go with MT caps again, I'll hit the holes again. Maybe I'll use a flap wheel, Keith.
    :up:

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!