Anybody have this problem with their XJ?

• Well it finally did it to my husband today on the bridge so he doesnt think im crazy so now were going to try everything yal said to check first, and far as the bow shape the way the tires sit, there not straight

• also i believe the weight has something to do with it because it does it while nobodys in it, like he was trying to get it to do it so he knew n it wouldnt then when he dropped me off at work n left it did it 3 times to him, sorry but i couldnt do anything but laugh n say haha, but i was wondering if i switch the back with the front tires if that would make a difference? he said he checked a couple things while it was on the lift and nothing was loose but were both off tomorrow so hopefully something will get done. N for the tires im sorry i dont know how to explain it any better then they arent straight n neither is my steeling wheel it pulls to the right which is the side the wobble starts on

• The toe out......but we also came to the conclusion it doesnt do it with 2 or more ppl in the jeep, like the weight plays a big part

• The toe out......but we also came to the conclusion it doesnt do it with 2 or more ppl in the jeep, like the weight plays a big part

You seem to keep focusing on the tires and alignment. Did you perform the test suggested above? Was anything loose?

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• You seem to keep focusing on the tires and alignment. Did you perform the test suggested above? Was anything loose?

This. My experience is that while tire/alignment issues may make the problem worse, they have never been the root cause. Something else is likely going on here...

• This. My experience is that while tire/alignment issues may make the problem worse, they have never been the root cause. Something else is likely going on here...

~ JD
    * WARNING - The above post may contain trace elements of biting sarcasm. Those with known sensitivities should avoid staring directly at it.

• Well we decided to swap tires yesterday and something was shot, i wanna say the bushings (spelled right?) or the tie rod i think i dont remember exactly BUT since we swapped tires its not AS bad but still feel a lil vibration in it. But now that he knows what "might" be the problem hes going to hopefully fix it, im tired of crossing bridges at only 40 it sucks

• ... and something was shot, i wanna say the bushings (spelled right?) or the tie rod...

Yes, you spelled it correctly. If the tie rod bushings are bad, then that is quite likely the culprit.

It's nice that you swapped tires, but I will restate this: it is not your tires causing the DW.

~ JD

• I asked him again what was wrong and he said the sway bar is shot. i havent driven it since he swapped tires but i will tonight on the way home.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!