XJ steering set-up questions....

• hey guys got a few questions....

Just got the Rustys HD Steering Tie Rod Conversion...
    http://rustysoffroad.com/Merch…=SC-250&Category_Code=ste

there dosent seem to be a way to attach the steering stabilizer for this set-up because there is no hole in the tie rod.....I heard there was a bracket that mounts onto the tie-rod and holds the Steering Stabilizer in place, anyone know where to get this? I was gonna call rustys but they are at moab until the 28th....

also how hard is It to swap out the front steering components and put this in....I plan on swapping out trac-bar, steering stabilizer, and the draglink/tie rod conversion.....I will pry need some help doing this so I will throw a wrenchfest closer to when Im ready, first I have to get them powdercoated my color of choice....let me know your thoughts and how to mount this steering stabilizer....

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• let me tell you from experience with rustys tie rod conversion. it sucks! i had it on my xj for about 3 months and was fine and then tie rod ends went and the lower tie rod bent. i threw it away, and ordered the stock tie rod stuff from 4wd.com and i like it alot better. Plus the steering stabilizer is mounted to the upper tie rod properly now. I would return it.
    aj

• ok ok guys.....so does anyone know where I can look for that bracket to mount the steering stabilizer to the drag link? hehe....If I decide to go through with the conversion...

02&#39; F250 SD w/ 285&#39;s and 17x9 1079&#39;s<br />99&#39; XJ w/ 8&quot; and 35&#39;s - GONE!<br /><br />I miss wheeling! :(

• I made my stabilizer mount out of a piece of flat plate and a few CJ U-joint straps (the u-bolt style).

Its pretty easy... just drill the 4 holes for the u-bolt style j-joint straps and a 5th hole under them for your stabilizer bolt.

dont have a pic of mine, but it looks kinda like this one.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!