• My yj just shut down while running in the driveway,,,95 4.0 the only thing i check was the fuel rail to see if the fuel pump died,but that was ok,, when i get home sat. i'll start with checking to see if i have spark,,what else should i check??? thanks

• Check your codes first. Check your fuses in the engine compartment. If the fuses are ok, other things to check are fuel pressure and spark. You may have blown a cam pick up sensor (which is in the dizzy), a crank position sensor (which is on the bell housing detecting the flywheel position) or the fuel pump.

A quick check for spark could be squirting some starting fluid down into the throttle body and seeing if it will start.

Member since 2000

Jeeps Owned'79 CJ5:

Specs-

- 258 I6

- '93 Cherokee fuel injection and HO head,

- bored 30 over

- with 4x4 cam

T18 tranny with granny low / Dana 18 t-case

Dana 44 front and back from late '70s Wagoneer, both locked and loaded with 4.88 gears

SOA on modified YJ springs with shackle reversa

Fiberglass tub with 6 point cage mounted to the frame

2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
    Spec-

Quadratec Floor mats

• Had the same issue with myold XJ. It would run fine for about 15 minutes and then die and wouldn't restart for a couple hours. Ended up being crankshaft sensor on bellhousing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!