In search of a door surgeon...

• It was bad enough when I just had to put up with nuisance rattling coming from the innerds of my TJ driver-side full door, but now the locking mechanism -- the rocker switch next to the pull handle -- seems to be stuck. In the past, I've pulled off the vinyl liner, but that's where my skill ends. I need to access the various moving parts behind the steel. Can anyone assist me with further disassembly? Is that even possible? My sanity is on the line here!

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

• I think I know what the problem is...but I am close enough to magnolia to give you a hand. I am working today though, not sure what your schedule is lookin like tomarrow

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• The good news is that i refreshed my memory as to how the handle comes, the bad news is that the wife just called and our dryer took a <bleep> on us. So i may be able to look at it later this week or i can try to talk you through it. your call

If you need wrenching advice feel free to ask! Others experience can be a good way to save time and money!

• Jim,

Most times one of the little plastic bushings/clips has broken and is causing the problem.

If the door still has the plastic sheet under the door panel, just peel it back and take a look.

• Jim,
    Most times one of the little plastic bushings/clips has broken and is causing the problem.

If the door still has the plastic sheet under the door panel, just peel it back and take a look.

The plastic sheet is gone, but I don't really see anything. Maybe I could take the TJ for a drive without the door panel. If the rattle is still there, I might be able to better pinpoint the source.

Mark, sorry about your new headache! Jim

When engaged in conversation with a fool, be sure he is not similarly engaged.
    Chief, DEJA Grammar Police

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!