June 22 Pine Barrens Run (Day trip)

• Day trip is fine.
    Did you find a guide?

As far as a guide not really. Wayne and I took turns leading last run and it seemed to work out well. I will be fine with leading if need be. The Batso office has maps which we used. In addition I have emailed Mabus, Daddanelena, and Yjrosco to see if they are still planning on going with us. I am nore sure of who has been there before other than who went on the last run with us.

• So, what's the layout for this trip? Is it wheeling both days... Saturday OR Sunday... Wheel Saturday, camp til Sunday... Camp Friday, wheel Saturday......? Meeting times?

Just trying to get a feeler out there b/c here's the dilemma... even though we had a bday party for both of my boys this past weekend, Saturday (22nd) is still my youngest's bday and I'd like to spend at least part of the day with him. Accuweather says it should be pretty nice this weekend but I'll hold more stock in that forecast closer to the end of the week. Definitely still want to camp but it'll depend on the general consensus of what day(s) and time(s) everythings going on.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• So, what's the layout for this trip? Is it wheeling both days... Saturday OR Sunday... Wheel Saturday, camp til Sunday... Camp Friday, wheel Saturday......? Meeting times?

Just trying to get a feeler out there b/c here's the dilemma... even though we had a bday party for both of my boys this past weekend, Saturday (22nd) is still my youngest's bday and I'd like to spend at least part of the day with him. Accuweather says it should be pretty nice this weekend but I'll hold more stock in that forecast closer to the end of the week. Definitely still want to camp but it'll depend on the general consensus of what day(s) and time(s) everythings going on.

Looks like we will be wheeling Saturday and the camping was scratched on this run. But for all who are going on this run lets get a few things in order so we will be on the same page.

How does a 9:30 trail start time sound?

Who would like to convoy up? If we convoy where would we like to meet up? The Wawa on limestone rd is a popular location to meet up. We could meet up and convoy at 7:15am to make a 9:30am trail time.

A nice place to hit the trail is from the Atsion Ranger Station. So if you plan on meeting up at the Barrens here is the location.
    [size=16px]Atsion Ranger Station[/size][size=13px]
    713-723 U.S. 206[/size]

Vincentown, NJ 08088
    https://maps.google.com/maps?q…er+Station&ie=UTF-8&hl=en
    [color=rgb(51, 51, 51)][size=13px]N 39° 44.515 W 074° 43.555[/size][/color]

• 9:30 sounds good to me. Since we're wheeling Saturday, I may go up and camp the night before (TBD). Limestone Rd. is outta the way for me so if I don't camp, then I'll cross the bridge and hang out on the NJ side until I see y'all rolling by.... somewheres on Rt.40, maybe at the Wawa in Woodstown.

Hagar the Horrible +1
    cj8
    Kuntryboy816
    Daddanelena (maybe)
    moldham +3

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Does not matter to me. I would like to get a cup of coffee before we start the trip. Also I perfer a place with a restroom do to the kids coming with me.

• Does not matter to me. I would like to get a cup of coffee before we start the trip. Also I perfer a place with a restroom do to the kids coming with me.

In this case, I suggest the Wawa on Limestone Rd.. This should be easy for you to get to if your coming up Rt. 1.

• In this case, I suggest the Wawa on Limestone Rd.. This should be easy for you to get to if your coming up Rt. 1.

Either would work. I agree with Glen that the Wawa may be better for coffee and bathrooms.

Lets meet up at the Limestone Wawa and plan to leave at 8am to convoy up.

Glen I follow the GPS to get there if you know the way you like to go would you mind taking the lead and showing us the way? That is if your going to convoy with us.

Oh and my cell number is 302-312-1007 if we need to link up at anytime.

• Well i don't have ezpass. :(

Oh no! On the last run to the Pine Barrens we had a member named Jim who did not have ez pass. He stopped to pay the toll and we never saw him again. It is believed that Snooki got him. :rollsmile:
    Nah just kidding. We will wait for you to pay the toll. We leave no man behind. Do you have a CB?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!