Food Drive interest for J4J?

• the company I work for, Delaware Physicians Care would like to conduct a food drive and we usually use Delaware Foodbank. They have not been returning our calls so I figured we can donate to someone else. Is this anything that J4J would like to get involved with?

• RMH always needs donations. Their food pantry stores weren't very impressive for a place that big but I'm sure that they go through a lot of items quickly as well.

I believe Sunday that either Turtle or Keith picked up a list of what they needed. I believe it was Keith b/c he was going to scan it and post it online.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

• Yes!!! We have a wish list from the Ronald McDonald house that I can send you

Sounds good. Send me the list and I'll post it around the office at some collection spots. Send it to ZadrogaM@aetna.com

Here's the only catch, Can J4J arrange for pick up of the items I collect at work? I of course can volunteer my time to drop them off but I can't speak for the rest of my staff. They will bring them as far as the office and thats about it. Donating will be contingent upon items being able to be picked up.

• Sounds good. Send me the list and I'll post it around the office at some collection spots. Send it to ZadrogaM@aetna.com

Here's the only catch, Can J4J arrange for pick up of the items I collect at work? I of course can volunteer my time to drop them off but I can't speak for the rest of my staff. They will bring them as far as the office and thats about it. Donating will be contingent upon items being able to be picked up.

Yes, we will figure out a way to caravan a few jeeps and grab the items.. You collect them and we will figure out the rest

• You're located on Chapman Rd (the business) in Newark, correct?
    A lot of us are near by and doing a pick would / should be noooooo problem. :up:
    Thanks for the support. :up:

• You're located on Chapman Rd (the business) in Newark, correct?
    A lot of us are near by and doing a pick would / should be noooooo problem. :up:
    Thanks for the support. :up:

Yes, the actual address is 252 Chapman Rd,, Newark, DE 19702.

Okay, I'll start to get the info together to distribute to the office staff. Lets go for a good 2 solid weeks of collections and then figure out a good day and time for the pick up.

Will the pick up need to be scheduled for a Saturday or Sunday to work best for everyone? I will need to let my corporate security know a head of time if we plan on being here on a weekend.

• We can figure out the pickup for what ever day is convenient, I can do weekends or any weekday night. Also let me know what information you need or if you need any of the BOD to stop by before you start collecting.

• Depending on how much you collect, I could always bring my trailer down and do a pickup.

Former V.P. (2006-2007)
    V.P. of Jeeps for Joy (2004-2010)
    President of Jeeps for Joy (2010-2012)
    Beater Build Winning Driver (2009)

• So I am going to need to put this on hold. I informed my boss's boss of the route we would be going for the food drive instead of using Delaware Food Bank and she doesn't seem to be on board with it. Since we are regulated by the state of Delaware we sometimes need to inform them of which charities we will be using. She is checking with her contacts to see if this will be okay. I'll keep you guys posted, sorry for the hype up.
    -Matt

• So I am going to need to put this on hold. I informed my boss's boss of the route we would be going for the food drive instead of using Delaware Food Bank and she doesn't seem to be on board with it. Since we are regulated by the state of Delaware we sometimes need to inform them of which charities we will be using. She is checking with her contacts to see if this will be okay. I'll keep you guys posted, sorry for the hype up.
    -Matt

No worries. I have the 501c3 tax exempt number etc. as well if they need it. Even if it doesn't work out, thanks for thinking of us!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!