Tru-trac in the front?

• I have a 97 TJ with dana's 30 and 35. 307 gears. I'm running 285 tires(32" tall approx.) It's my surf fishing beach buggy. Year round. I'm having the the gears changed to 410's and a tru trac LS carrier put in the back. My question is should I get one in the front since I need a new carrier any way? The jeep never ever had a problem on the beach so it's more of a want then a need. Are there any disadvantages to having one up front? I do have to travel up rt 1 sometimes so not sure what the effects will be.
    Thanks Bobby

• I have one up front and its on and off road manners are excellent for a daily driver. It really is a great LSD. Its almost a locker.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Taptalk 2

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Just a thought why put all that money int a D35 :shrug: ?? Look into replaceing it with a Ford 8.8 or at the least what I did a 8.25 out of a Cherokee.35s are a very weak rear and the 8.8 IIRC come with a LS and 4.11 gears and disc brakes.

• thumbs up to the tru trac :up: Have that in m front with the detroit in the back and it works great. No hangups with daily driving

• Just a thought why put all that money int a D35 :shrug: ?? Look into replaceing it with a Ford 8.8 or at the least what I did a 8.25 out of a Cherokee.35s are a very weak rear and the 8.8 IIRC come with a LS and 4.11 gears and disc brakes.

if he is a street and beach driver, he should be ok with the d35.

it may not be necessary to stick it in, as you said, you have not had any issue. it will help if you are trying to tow someone else out, and help in the snow (if we ever get any)

• Blew the spiders in my 35 on the street. As they say you can't polish a turd!!

• Blew the spiders in my 35 on the street. As they say you can't polish a turd!!

I suspect you haven't owned the Jeep you broke the D35 in since it was new correct? Anything can be broken given the right amount of abuse, especially when buying used vehicles that may have not been treated or maintained well. I have no love for D35's but there are some guys that are able to make them last. Having made so many major mods to my Jeep, I can completely understand for work and/or monetary reasons not wanting to do anything more than throw a new carrier and gears in...

• Thanks for the information. I ordered a Tru Trac for the front and back and Motive gears. They come 4.11 for the D35 and 4.10 for the front D-30. This is the first time I ordered 2 sets of gears, It seems like they should be exactly the same? :shrug: Thanks Again Bobby

• Thanks for the information. I ordered a Tru Trac for the front and back and Motive gears. They come 4.11 for the D35 and 4.10 for the front D-30. This is the first time I ordered 2 sets of gears, It seems like they should be exactly the same? :shrug: Thanks Again Bobby

.01 won't matter.

Front gears are always alittle higher, makes the front end "pull" the Jeep rather then the rear end binding up when it's trying to "push" the Jeep. If that makes sense..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!