Tuffy door lock question

• [size=17px]
    Hi everyone, i recently bout a new set of hard doors for my cj, and with the price these things go for these days i want to get some security for them when i ride with the top down. I pasted a link below for locks that say they work for the new jks, but i am wondering if they would work on my cj? Anyone know why they wouldn't? They have locks for the cj, but they are bigger and actually cover the top and bottom if the hinge, sure they work great but stand out a lot more and just aren't appealing to the eye. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/t…-black-4-door-164-01.html[/size]
    [/size]

• I asked this very same question when I got my full soft doors. Not much you can do except make sure the items inside are either removed or secured in a locking console, glovebox, etc. If someone really wants the doors there's not much you can do to stop them. I secretly marked my doors and took pictures for identification purposes should the need arise. So far no issues at all.

Your life is made up of 2 dates and a dash... make the most of the dash!

Edited once, last by Kuntryboy816 ().

• Should be able to rig up a bike lock cable or something similar that can be pad locked from the inside.

http://www.amazon.com/Master-L…r=8-6&keywords=cable+lock

$7 each on amazon

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

Edited once, last by deadfeat ().

• Unzip window, reach in and unlock door, open door, take door. I don't think it happens frequently around here, but I have heard of it happening.

sorry, im in full hard door with hard top mind set...damn winter, it needs to be summer...

and yes, i do see that he said top down... :bang:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!