brake issue...

• I'm hoping that's it ... also could a frozen caliper do this also? Guess my weekend of not working onmy jeep has turned into a weekend of bliss.

Frozen/sticky caliper would either drag (not release) after braking and smoke your pads or it would do nothing (truley frozen) and cause you to veer left or right nearly uncontrollable when you hit the brakes.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Heh... I wasn't aware that such weekends existed..... :doh:

Honestly I was hoping it did haha.... its bad when every part store in a 20 mile radius knows your make and model of your vehicle as soon as you walk through the door haha.... and may I add on a first name basis with you. And I'm gonna bleed to crap out of my brakes this weekend I guess.... shrug.... gets me out of yard work atleast. :bang:

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• Well I went and bought a vaccum pump for my break lines and I bled my brake with it. Its still doing the same thing. Arggggh :bang:

Anytime you take your 20+ year old jeep apart plan on fixing more them you intended.

• I don't trust those vacuum bleeders i prefer to do it old school. Pump, hold, and repeat. LOL And a few obscenities when the brake fluid goes every where because the hose came off. If you need a hand I'm not that far away I don't have a garage but I do have a driveway and I ain't scared of drum brakes.

• I don't trust those vacuum bleeders i prefer to do it old school. Pump, hold, and repeat. LOL And a few obscenities when the brake fluid goes every where because the hose came off. If you need a hand I'm not that far away I don't have a garage but I do have a driveway and I ain't scared of drum brakes.

Speed bleeders are awesome too.

• I haven't tried out the speed bleeders sounds like they would be much simpler. But either way i would start there and if the fluid is only dribbling out and you have no brake pedal could be one of the o rings in the master is shot.

• Well I found out what it was... The freaking break booster grommet went bad... I got breaks.. After about a hour of bleeding them because I got so much air in them... I can finally stop without throwing a cynderblock out the door.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!