Cj7 2 piece hardtop

• [size=17px]I just picked up a 2 piece hardtop for my cj7. The top on the front seats comes off, while the back remains on similar to a targa top on a Porsche. I bought it bc it makes it easier to take the top down than the original oem top and i can ride the jeep with the front top open, and throw it back on in a matter of seconds, but still have the security of a hardtop. Has anyone ever used one of these? I am worried about leaks on my sound bar as the top connects on the family style roll bar. Any help would be appreciated. I have never seen a hardtop like this for a cj so wanted to hear the boards thoughts. [/size]

• Sounds like the 2 piece Steel Horse top from years back. These did have a pretty bad reputation. Leaks were an issue. Steel Horse was pretty much an industry joke (although their reputation was often worse than their products ) . That being said, its a great concept, and if it doesn't leak (much) it should be fine. Post some pics..

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Honestly, I had wanted one of these for my yj after seeing the 3 piece freedom top on the new jk's. if it leaks, I'm sure a new seal would hopefully tighten it up and go. Would suck to not be able to use it I.m.o.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!