Co2 Tanks...group buy?

• I've decided to go ahead and get a 15lb Co2 tank and put together my own system. Considerably cheaper than Powertank. Through BeverageFactory, we can get NEW 15lb alum. tanks with handles for 94.99 ea plus shipping. I also have a $10.00 coupon so that would drop the price down a bit. For 5 tanks, with shipping it would be $540.00.
    Anybody interested?

• have you priced the regulator and hose etc?

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• From http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/co2systems.htm The regulator is $55.00 ea. 20' hose is $39.00, Tank brackets $37.00. Their entire 15lb system is $270.00, Price to put ONE kit together would be $239.
    Now I did talk to Zach from A to Z. And he said that he could do a system for $240. I could check with him when he gets back from vacation and see if he couldn't cut us a group rate.
    FYI Powertank advertises their 15lb system with the same as above for $479!

• I am interested.
    When the tank get low or empty...where can, and how much to refill? (sure...it depends on where you go to get it filled).

Percy had one, and at the PA Jeep show it was very helpful. Since you must air down to run the "big" rock in the obstacle course.

• Anyone price one out from Keen? I'd prefer to just swap them out each time as opposed to filling them. I think the initial purchase can't be much more either.
    What regulator are you guys pricing? I'm assuming non-adjustable? I'd prefer adjustable so I can run tools.

2000 Sahara, All custom...
    2000 Cherokee Police package, Beater....

I may be slowest and the stupidest

• Depending on where you get them filled it's ~$25. Hoopes on rt72 in Newark is good if you need hydro testing on a used tank as they do it in house and usually same day where Keen has to send them out.

I've got a Source regulator (~$125) and a 20lb Pepsi tank that I had picked up on Craigslist for $40...mines their fancy 'hyperflow' adjustable but there's also a $55 fixed 150psi version. If I did it over again I'd consider the non adjustable as mine never gets changed.

--Ian

• Zach can usually knock 10% off for deja members. Listed price for a 15lb is $245 so roughly $220 plus shipping. I might be interested but I prob only want a 5 or 10

Zach quoted me 240 total including shipping. But that was for one, he's on vacation right now, so when he gets back I'll see if he can do better on a "group" buy.

• For around $50 you can buy a 150psi fixed CO2 tank regulator with a fitting for an air hose. Pick up a steel CO2 bottle at Keen gas cheep. If your set on an aluminum bottle, its like $100 on Amazon..

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/co2systems.htm

http://www.amazon.com/CO2-Tank…sr=8-16&keywords=co2+tank

I run a 20 LB bottle (Steel) and the fixed 150psi reg. works great for me.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• If the $240 includes shipping that sounds like a good price since it's probably not cheap to ship. I'd probably be in for a 10lb.

I'm too lazy to google the dimensions, I assume a 10lb tank should be able to get strapped to a harness bar? I'd prefer the C-pillar but that's a lot of room for it to fly and I don't know if I trust the mount to survive a 70mph head on collision.

• I think it could be mounted like you said, but just keep in mind that it can't be used when mounted horizontally. Everything I've read online said it needed to be between 45 and 90 degrees to prevent liquid flow into the regulator.

• Good point, I'll quit being lazy and find the dimensions then figure out where to mount it vertically.

edit: I really should stop being so lazy, that took all of 4 seconds to find.

specifically for powertank

• I would think the 15# bottles would get old quickly with the rounded bottom. I can't tell you how many times I've used mine (20#) as a free standing unit and just stood it up wherever it was needed. Carrying over to another person's Jeep, airing up my lawn mower tires in the shed, running an air nailer in my house while renovating, etc. Just my observations...

• I would think the 15# bottles would get old quickly with the rounded bottom. I can't tell you how many times I've used mine (20#) as a free standing unit and just stood it up wherever it was needed. Carrying over to another person's Jeep, airing up my lawn mower tires in the shed, running an air nailer in my house while renovating, etc. Just my observations...

X2

• Yes, I was speaking to the picture he posted. Like I said though, just an observation for anyone looking at getting a round-bottomed bottle.

I called Keen yesterday too - it's currently $26.45 to swap out a 20# bottle at any of their locations.

• So is it about a $240 total price for tank, regulator, and hose? Does it come with any kind of mounting hardware?

I asked someone this question before but I forget already. Depending on the size of the tanks, 15# 10# or 5# about how long should each one last in between filling them for occasional use such as airing up, small air tool jobs here and there? I'd rather not install a large tank in the minamal cargo area I have if I dont need it. Or I'll just use Staffords.... :innocent:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!