Diesel Grand Cherokee

• I was curious if anyone owned a Diesel Grand Cherokee on here. I saw one the other day clearly marked with a CRD badge. I'd be interested in one if they were available in North America for the WJ model. I know they were available for the WK model and WK2 model. They also came in the Liberty as a 2.8 diesel.

1999 Grand Cherokee WJ 3" lift JK Moabs 31" tire
    1993 Grand Cherokee 7" Long Arm, Badgeless, SOLD
    1981 CJ-7 4" Lift, 31" MTR's, Pretty Blue

• One of my co-workers here (Corning, NY) had one that he traded in a few months back. Not sure if it managed to find its way down there but it was silver with the front suspension lifted slightly.

• According Wiki it was only started in the WK in the US for Grand Cherokees. I hate the WK though. Compared to my WJ I think my dad's WK feels like a tunnel. The windows just seem smaller. Also more partial to the rounded body. I was looking into the new WK2 version but that's $47,000 well equipped. Perhaps I'll wait for them to come through the Auto Insurance sales and I'll pick one up cheap with a reconstruct title. Worked out well for my 1999 Grand.

• I loved my 07.... wish i didnt get rid of it... Most of the CRD's had QDII (aka e-lockers in low range)

There are 3-4 tuners out there and Yes, even a couple of DPF delete option too.

Lets just say after some "tuning" my old WK with 33" and a 4" lift is getting 26mpg (which is the best i got bone stock)

-Brad

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• According Wiki it was only started in the WK in the US for Grand Cherokees. I hate the WK though. Compared to my WJ I think my dad's WK feels like a tunnel. The windows just seem smaller. Also more partial to the rounded body. I was looking into the new WK2 version but that's $47,000 well equipped. Perhaps I'll wait for them to come through the Auto Insurance sales and I'll pick one up cheap with a reconstruct title. Worked out well for my 1999 Grand.

IRS and only one locker.... They drive wonderfully but my WK was just plain tuff. And I don't think anyone has beat on the WK/XK platform more then Kevin (Urbancrawler). The dents, scratches and crushed exhaust are a testimate to that.

Straight six or nuthin!
    1993 Jeep Wrangler Sport w/ splash graphics!
    1993 Dodge W-350 Cummins
    2006 BMW 325xi wagon.

• If I was to get the WK2 I wouldn't be planning on wheeling it. My preferred wheeler is a WJ. I think it has the best drivetrain from Jeep with solid axles front and rear, no c-clip axles in the rear, wider axles, stiffer unibody, still had the manual shift transfercase, and still had the 4.0L. So the diesel jeep would just be a daily driver.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!