• Picked up a 97 Xj today to serve as My winter commuter.

Its an all stock 4.0L auto, with 111,000 miles. Seems to be in decent shape, and was a one owner car. Drove it up to work today in Paulsboro, NJ and got 21MPG out of it. hope it treats me well

Andy

• Nice low mile XJ. What did you snag it for? Also try using "Mother's Back to Black" on those flares and body side molding.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Thanks guys, I picked it up at a used car dealer in Frankford of all places. They had $4000 on it. I took it for a ride and it drove great, only thing was the front rotors feel warped. So we haggled for a bit. I got them down to $3400 and they fix the breaks, either turn or replace rotors what ever it takes. Over all I think I did okay, it's about on par with kbb private sale numbers.

Also I love back to black and plan on using it when I get back home. As far as Any mods my plan is for it to stay stock for now and get my mod Fix from the cj.

• Looks good. Are you ever gonna be off the road long enough to drive it? :driving:

ps Need a smiley of you driving and Sarah sitting in the passenger seat

'88 YJ, 4" suspension, 2"body lift, 456 locked F & R, 35-12.50-15 BFG KM2s on Cragar Soft 8's
    &'03 KJ, 2"+ shackle lift, armor, BBs, 245-70-16 BFG A/T TAs

• When I had a 99, I put on a Rusty's 2" budget boost. (Spring pucks and shackles. ). Cheap and good.

Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists on purpose, everybody's going to die. Have a beer.

Jeeps Owned... 89YJ, 81CJ-8, 99XJ, 93XJ, 00WJ, 05LJ, 22Bronco Badlands !

• Well i have switched to three weeks on and one week off so maybe ill have some time to do stuff now. I may end up doing a small lift at some point. The rear leafs are sagging pretty good like Xjs like to do, so Maybe a OME 1.5" lift some day. Something good quality for road driving. I wouldn't mine snagging the 31's off my CJ for the XJ and stepping up to 33 for the cj. Who knows, no real plans yet.

Andy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!